NFL in Canada 2017 Discussion Thread - Page 8 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #106 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-08, 07:19 PM

NFL Regular Season Kickoff on TSN and CTV Two Becomes Most-Watched NFL Season Opener Since 2009 with 814,000 Viewers - Bell Media
Quote:
CTV, CTV Two, and TSN’s NFL season continues this Sunday, Sept. 10, with multiple games airing across numerous stations and networks. Visit FootballLivesHere.ca for the full schedule.
The press release is much more vague about Sunday's schedule then Bell's web sites. FootballLivesHere.ca just redirects to the TSN.ca schedule that we have already posted here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-10, 11:33 AM

Contacted Bell twice and they said with TSN, CTV and time shifting you would get all the games. The complete NFL schedule. This Sunday has 11 day games and they only show 7. Most CTV and TSN channels are all showing the same game. Makes no sense.

Yes BELL LIED once again.

CUT THE CABLE time.
post #108 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-10, 12:00 PM

Cut the cable is fine and dandy. But what is the alternative? DAZN? Do they provide the same quality coverage as cable TV does?

post #109 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-10, 12:06 PM

From what I am hearing DAZN is a joke. So in essence the only thing I watch on TV is sports, particularly football and not the local team. So why pay $80 a month for something I'm not using anymore. Download movies/shows and just not watch football any more. Why pay $80 a month for the "chance" to see you team once every 4 weeks or so.

Perhaps in a year or two when services like DAZN get their act together it might be worth subscribing. Not now though.
post #110 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-10, 03:43 PM

With Bell Satellite showing 9 of 12 Sunday NFL games why would anyone order DAZN to see just 3 games?
post #111 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-10, 03:53 PM

Because for those of us that are faithful fans who cheer for a team that has another in your back yard it means you never see your team play. Thats the whole reason Sunday Ticket was created.
RyanW and emmy1500 like this.
post #112 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-10, 04:46 PM

Clearly, DAZN is monitoring what Bell is doing very closely. I got an ad in my Toronto Star epaper app where they list all the week 1 NFL games they carry and say "only on DAZN" next to the games CTV/TSN doesn't carry. It reinforces my theory that they complained to the NFL when Bell's plan to broadcast every game became clear.

Here's a screenshot of the body of the ad. My understanding is that the epaper is identical to the printed edition, so DAZN took out a full page ad to get their message across.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/pict...ictureid=14449
post #113 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-10, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist44 View Post
With Bell Satellite showing 9 of 12 Sunday NFL games why would anyone order DAZN to see just 3 games?
Because a person supports one of those six teams
and/or
A person wants to watch RedZone
and/or
A person doesn't want to pay $60+ a month for cable when DAZN is a third of that price
Tridus and emmy1500 like this.

-
post #114 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-11, 08:38 AM
Veteran

But does DAZN show anything else then sports? Do they Show TMN Channels? Do they Show local channels? Do they show any of the Specialty Channels(other then sports?)

Also I tend to find with streaming services to "buffer" even if you have high speed internet more times then Sat,IPTV, or cable breaking up or Pixeling?

I know a lot f people that stream show and movies and haver the highest speeds you can get from Bell,Rogers Shaw and few others and they tell me every so often the stream starts to buffer. Now whether its the connection, the site or the internet that causes that, that I can'y answer as I'm not that knowledgeable in that area?

It's fun being weird It's fun being weird It's fun being weird You should try it sometime. The Detour
post #115 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-11, 09:59 AM

It's official. Bell has given up on their clever scheme. They don't even mention "NFL" in the new wording from Bell Satellite and Fibe TV:
Quote:
Time shift and watch football on CTV and TSN.
It’s easy. With the Time Shifting package, TSN and TSN 2, you can watch tons of U.S. professional football games on CTV channels across the country and on TSN.*
Here's what Bell MTS says:
Quote:
Catch over 100 football games on CTV and TSN.
It’s easy. With the Time Shift East and West packages and TSN 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, you can watch every U.S. professional football game* televised in Canada on CTV channels across the country and on TSN.
Tridus likes this.
post #116 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-11, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist44 View Post
Like I wrote above, what if I was a Jaguars fan? :-)
post #117 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-12, 12:21 PM
Rookie

CTV's week 2 schedule is out, and by my count 6 games are missing.

Sunday - 1pm et/10am pt
Vikings vs. Steelers (CTV Manitoba, TSN2) - also Fox Boston
Patriots vs. Saints (CTV Ottawa, CTV Montreal, CTV Northern Ontario, CTV Atlantic, CTV Saskatchewan) - also CBS Boston/Seattle
Eagles vs. Chiefs (CTV BC, CTV Alberta) - also Fox Seattle
Bills vs. Panthers (CTV Toronto, CTV Kitchener)

Sunday - 4:05pm et/1:05pm pt
Jets vs. Raiders (TSN2)

Sunday - 4:25pm et/1:25pm pt
49ers vs. Seahawks (CTV BC, CTV Alberta, CTV Saskatchewan, CTV Manitoba) - also Fox Seattle
Cowboys vs. Broncos (CTV Ontario, CTV Montreal, CTV Two Atlantic) - also Fox Boston
post #118 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-12, 01:02 PM

Correct 6 games missing for week two:

Sunday - 1pm et/10am pt
Browns @ Ravens
Bears @ Buccaneers
Titans @ Jaguars
Cardinals @ Colts

Jets @ Raiders
Dolphins @ Chargers
Redskins @ Rams
post #119 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-13, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post

Sunday - 1pm et/10am pt
Browns @ Ravens
Bears @ Buccaneers
Titans @ Jaguars
Cardinals @ Colts

Jets @ Raiders
Dolphins @ Chargers
Redskins @ Rams
Yup. Time to cut my Bell package further. Dropping sports package and will pick up DAZN for a couple months. Getting to the point where there is no point paying all that money for cable/satellite and the hundreds of channels that you don't watch or in this case all show the same thing.
post #120 of 125 (permalink) Old 2017-09-13, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Like I wrote above, what if I was a Jaguars fan? :-)
Or a Bills fan in Ottawa? I note that like last year, we're getting the QC/Atlantic game instead of the ON game. Now that the Bills have established themselves as the best team in the division, towering over Miami, NYJ, and NE, we would get more prominence.

Seriously I can't complain because I'm paying Rogers so little for my grandfathered bundle, but we get CTV Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Vancouver, IIRC, all in SD (except Ottawa of course). Oh well I could splurge and pay for DAZN I guess. But if I can't watch the game in <45min, I'm really not interested in streaming the whole 3+ hours.

Quote:
A minor point but you listed 7 games, which is even worse. That's probably half the lineup. I guess once they couldn't run them all, CTV may have decided not the bother and go back to last year's scheduling.

=aw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.