Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Ottawa Sens Going to Game 7

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  majortom 
#1 ·
The last Canadian team in the playoffs battle the Pens on Thursday night at 8 E. on CBC. Go Sens Go!!

#2 ·
I don't want Rogers/CBC airing the Cup Finals in Canada if 2 U.S. teams are involved.

To me, that's subliminal advertising of U.S. 'culture' on Canadian TV.

In fact, I'd go one further, and say that if 2 U.S. teams make it to the Cup Final, then the whole series is blacked out on Canadian TV and all online streams, even if extreme financial damage to the NHL is the end result.

That way, we don't have to watch Gary Buttman use the Canadian flag as toilet paper, to wipe his ass with, and then throw it in the Cup when he's done with it.

24 years of no championship for Canada's franchises. Makes me want to go to the HHOF, with a sledgehammer, and destroy the Cup they have there.

The Cup means nothing if it promotes U.S. financial power on Canadian TV...there's a word for that. It's called anti-Canadian propaganda.

To those here, don't watch the Cup Final, and don't keep giving Gary your TV money.

>=(

#4 ·
No....the U.S. team won a fixed series that allowed them to choose the situation the Senators lost in.

The only way I see a team here in Canada winning a Cup again is to give the players on U.S. teams injuries so brutal, that those players miss about 18 months of action.

But let's face facts...as long as Gary keeps writing the big cheques, then the Canadian teams, and their fans, are his personal slaves.

It's a better idea to overthrow him out of office, break up the Board of Governors, and never allow the U.S. teams to have any say over the NHL's fate in Canada again.

But I guess I'm being a bad little boy for telling the truth, and yelling rat to the type of tyrant Gary is.

>=P

#5 · (Edited)
So you are saying that the 60%+ of the Preds and Pens families and friends can't watch the series because they are Canadian?

The majority of the players in the NHL are Canadian.

No series is fixed in the NHL no matter what biased fans think. Why would the Pens want to go into double overtime in Game 7 if they fixed the series? Wouldn't they at the worst, win in 5 games?

You can't break up the board of governors. They are the owners. The NHL is a business. Businesses responsibility is to make money.

Just because you post something doesn't mean that it is true.

#8 ·
The NHL shouldn't be run by a Board of Governors...it should be run by a 9 person panel who make the league's decisions, without any consultation with the clubs.

Consider it to be the NHL's version of a Supreme Court of Canada.

That way, the U.S. franchises are forced to do everything by accident for 25 years, while, due to being outnumbered, the Canadian franchises get advance notice and info on what the U.S. teams are up to.

So that way, Canada's teams get to be at the front of the line for all the good things in the NHL, and the U.S. teams can get our well-used leftovers, when they can't use any information against the teams in Canada, for any purpose.

>=P

#9 ·
It's a business, not a bunch of judges who have to follow the law.

The rest of whatever you blabbering about makes no sense. The NHL wants parity. The league has that. Any team can win on any given night. The last place team last season made the playoffs this season. By your logic, the league wants to keep the Canadians teams down, so wouldn't the league want them to be last again. The first place team the last two years can't even get out of the second round despite having one of the best goalies and one of the best wingers in the league. Wouldn't the league want them to win the Cup not the 8th place in the West, Kings.

#10 ·
I have no idea what it does, but have officially used the "Edit Ignorelist" function on this forum for the first time ever.

edit: hey that's pretty cool. No more posts from raginronic are visible.
Learn something new every day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.