Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Boxing on TV in Canada

11K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  SportsFan 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if today's WBA Lightweight world title fight between Jorge Linares and Anthony Crulla is being shown on TV, PPV or legitimate paid stream in Canada at all please?

Thanks

#3 ·
When you rad the posts in the news about it, they say it will be available in Canada but there is nothing in the guide about it. I know Showtime will show it live in the afternoon and HBO will show it at night on tape delay. Other than that, I have no idea where to look. Maybe a wild feed on FTA systems. Majortom?

#8 ·
Would be nice. I can't believe ESPN has that fight though. I thought Pacman had a deal with HBO, maybe HBO is doing the fight and selling the broadcast to ESPN. For my money, HBO does the best coverage of fights. It just annoys me that on Sasktel Max we only get the HBO West feed and the geniuses at TMN/HBO Canada don't realize that live sports is just that LIVE. Any big fight they have the apps on my phone/Twitter will spoil the results until I see it three hours later.

#10 ·
Apparently Top Rank has had issues with HBO lately; HBO has been cutting back on the number of boxing broadcasts they do, which effectively limits scheduling. Putting such an (allegedly) big fight on ESPN is actually a pretty good idea.

Meanwhile TSN's booked up with NASCAR and CFL that night. Unless they take the Roughriders game off, say, TSN5 (definitely not TSN3 though because that's the home markets of that game).

#20 ·
I've seen Premier Boxing Championship bouts previously on TSN, yet I can't find any information on who is broadcasting tomorrow night's card that is in Toronto.

Anyone have any info on if this is available in Canada? It is possible it could be streaming via TSN GO but the TSN website is such a piece of trash that they don't post what is streaming only until the event has already started.