Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Gamecentre Live 2015-2016

11K views 68 replies 18 participants last post by  ticky 
#1 ·
Rogers has posted prices for upcoming year.

Rogers Customer?
FREE
Enjoy a FREE subscription to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ throughout the 2015-16 NHL season (a $29.99 value) with a Share Everything™ wireless plan or Rogers Ignite™ bundle.2
Full Season’s Pass
(Early Bird Price)
$179.99/season
Enjoy full access1 through the 2015-16 NHL Season and Stanley Cup® Playoffs at a discounted, early bird price until October 6th. Includes both English & French broadcasts.
Monthly Pass
$29.99/month
Enjoy full access1 without the commitment! Pay one month at a time, and cancel whenever you like. Includes both English & French broadcasts.
Available Oct 1.
NHL Out-of-Market French Package2
$59.99/season
Only available West of Belleville, ON (See Region Description). This limited access pass includes out-of-market Habs & Sens regional games broadcast in French (regular season only)
Available Oct 1.
https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/?spf=false&intcmpid=nhl-gcl-cdlanding

See less See more
#10 ·
It frustrated very much for the first 4 weeks or so, annoyed me somewhat for the next 2-3 weeks and then after that I had pretty much no issues for the rest of the season.
Used it mostly on my PC, occasionally on a Mac, Roku or iPad. Can't say if that was the typical experience for most people though. After years of dealing directly with the NHL for it, was not impressed by the Rogers experience in the beginning for sure but slowly waned as the year went on. Loved not having to deal with blackouts for sure.

#11 ·
I'd be happy if Rogers would follow the American model by offering the cheaper single/favourite team packages the US fans can get this season.

As for quality, I had few issues last season. Picture was OK most of the time. I could never understand when or why some games had a commercial blackout while other games from the same source channel didn't.

I'm not signing up for this year for two reasons. I'm away on a vacation in Europe for all of Oct. and the Rogers service can't be used outside North America. Even if I were at home I discovered last year that I was too busy to watch more than a handful of the GCL games. It just wasn't worth it for me in the end. I might pick it up mid season if the price goes down but we'll see how things stand at that time. Likely not.

#13 ·
As I am now not in the place where I used to be, I subscribed to the French package to follow my team. Not bad, with $60 I got all the games that that team played that were not available on TV. Feed was from RDS and I did not have any real complaint. At that time I was only using my PC and my iPhone, again no complaint. This year I want to see how it will go with PlayStation.

#14 ·
I'm a Leaf 'fan', and in SW Ontario. Is Rogers' GameCenter a bust for me?

I recently changed my internet package to a package that also included 'free' Gamecenter and Shomi for a year. I am using Shaw Direct Satellite for TV this fall after taking the summer off.

I was hoping to be able to cut the cord again soon after I figure out how to stream things better. Last night's pre-season tilt (although I wasn't interested but my 10yr old son was) between Leafs and Habs came up on my Sony Blueray player, but when I went to click on it, it said it would be available 48hrs after puck drop. Reading Roger's website, it looks like I will be out of luck getting live Leaf Games on GC.

I can't find any live preseason games on my Android Nexus 7 tablet.

Streamingwise we use Cdn and US Netflix and are trying a 1 month subscription to unblock.us ***Is there any VPN service you would recommend to try to get Leaf games on the 'free' Rogers GC within the Leafs broadcast region?***

My ultimate goal is to cut out my $75 Shaw Direct bill and go streaming totally (after the Jays run in the post season :)).... I was really hoping to get the Leaf games online with the Rogers Package....

#18 ·
Press Release: Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE Hits the Ice for 2015-16 NHL Season

What's New for Fans This Season?

Updated Interface and Usability Features
  • Google Chromecast support within the iOS and Android smartphone and tablet apps, so fans can stream live games from their mobile devices to their television sets (desktop casting continues to be available through the Google Chrome browser)
  • New "Schedule" section on the Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ website allows subscribers to navigate and launch games directly from there through a simplified, easy-to-use interface
  • New "Video" section in the tablet version gives fans access to additional behind-the-scenes content including highlights, scores and replays
  • Improved video player and stream quality gives fans uninterrupted and faster access to their favourite games anytime, anywhere

New Package Option

• New Monthly Pass – a recurring $29.99 (plus tax) monthly subscription

#22 ·
Technically not true.

If you are in the Sens//Jets/Leafs region that shows the game on your cable package. You can watch it on TSNGo.
If you are not in any of those regions. You can watch it on Gamecentre Live.

This is the same as Centre Ice.

If you are talking about the PC full screen. Press the Popup in the Game where you select PIP and multi-game view.

#23 ·
[If you are talking about the PC full screen. Press the Popup in the Game where you select PIP and multi-game view./QUOTE]

what i was referring to is that when in fullscreen mode on a PC there is a little bit cut off at each edge of the screen. it has been like this for the past 2-3 years since i have used it. its really annoying when you are trying to use multi game views

#24 ·
well i guess im not getting NHL gamecenter this year. i just subbed to it on friday and it won't let me login to nhl.com because i don't have any rogers services linked to the account. i been trying for 2 days trying to get this to work but Rogers says its fine on there end. time to get my money back

#26 ·
yea i spoke with tech support and they said they were able to login fine with my account but i have tried multiple browsers and devices and still unable to login. i thought it was an issue with my net connectiojn but after trying a VPN service and DNS settings still no go for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.