Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2015 NCAA Football Canadian TV Schedule

27K views 100 replies 24 participants last post by  cyclist44 
#1 ·
Does any one know if TSN or Sportsnet will be showing NCAA football this year ? I was checking for the Sept.3 Michigan/Utah game and no one is showing it. On Saturday Sept.5 there are no games being on those stations either.

Thanks

#2 ·
You're right as of now, on TSN's schedule for Saturday Sept. 5th, it doesn't have a game on TSN. However, many of the games will be on NBC, or CBS etc. Also, many will be on the Super Sports Pak also (http://www.eastlink.ca/portals/0/cabledigitaltv/sports/rogers_super_sports_pak.pdf).

I imagine TSN will show some games like last year (usually ESPN games) but it's just not on the schedule yet I hope.

As a big Michigan fan, I know the game is on Fox Sports 1, which is not available in Canada, at least not on Rogers. Super Sports Pak does not show Fox Sports 1 games either. So you will have to find a stream online to watch it.

#4 ·
Fox Sports One could be shown on Sportsnet since Rogers has the rights to the FOX college football library; however, Sportsnet will not be showing college football this season. As bigoranget mentioned, TSN won't have too much during week one I am sure but after that should have at least four games a week. The Super Sports Pack (Rogers) and the U.S. College Sports Package (Bell) should have their usual 15-20 games a week.

#10 ·
Week 1, without premium channel subscription (all time ET):

Saturday, 5th September
Virginia @ UCLA FOX 15:30
Louisville @ Auburn CBS 15:30
BYU @ Nebraska ABC 15:30
Texas @ Notre Dame NBC 19:30
Alabama @ Wisconsin ABC 20:00

Monday, 7th September
Ohio State @ Virginia Tech TSN3 20:00

#11 ·
TSN is all in with US Open tennis during week one (and it sounds like, week two). After that they should be showing quite a few games. My guess is they will lean heavily on ESPN games (and perhaps some ESPN2 and ESPNU games at noon on Saturdays) like they did last season. But yes, people without the specialty packs will be getting not a whole lot during the first two weeks.

And Hercules, the bitterness has died down...somewhat lol. At least now I know that they aren't showing it at all unlike previous to last year when they would tell everyone they were and then just wouldn't.

#14 ·
And Hercules, the bitterness has died down...somewhat lol. At least now I know that they aren't showing it at all unlike previous to last year when they would tell everyone they were and then just wouldn't.
My biggest disappointment, and anger really, towards Rogers is that when they launched SN1 it was with the saying that Rogers had contracted CFB from Fox Sports and SN1 would be the home channel. Turned out that by CFB on Fox Sports meant that Rogers just relaying - and simsubbing in the case of Rogers customers - what was already available OTA on FOX.

#12 ·
There's also the fantastic Wofford at Clemson (Saturday, September 5th at 12h30) and the not as bad Wake Forest at Syracuse (Saturday September 13th at 12h00) if you have WSBK (or myTV 38).

Personally, I don't have the channel but I could pick it (on my à la carte package) if only the two matchups were a bit more sexy.

Week 1, Louisville at Auburn, Texas at Notre Dame and Ohio State at Virginia Tech should be enough.
Week 2, I'll watch Notre Dame at Virginia and Oregon at Michigan State, I guess.

#13 ·
A little shameless self-promotion...I have the full schedule (at least what will appear) for week one on my blog (http://www.bossmansblog.wordpress.com).

Tbh, it's rare that WSBK (basically the ACC Network game of the week) has a really important game. Just nice to have some variety in case the game they do have comes down to the wire.

#19 ·
Someone mentioned to me over Twitter that they were on Bell Fibe (in the Ottawa area) that they added CBS Sports Network as a stand-alone channel for $7/month. This was during the fourth quarter of the TCU-Minnesota game so I didn't feel like looking into it at that point. I may look into it today or tomorrow but for sure early next week I will check it out. That could be big for Bell customers to have that channel available (even at an extra cost).

#24 ·
I still subscribe to the Sports 2 Theme pack on Bell Satellite which use to have The CBS Sports Network. Bell Satellite starting dropping channels from Sports 2 to the point where there is almost nothing left in that theme pack.

The CBS Sports Network is not worth $7.00 a month. The whole Sports 2 theme pack used to be $5.00 a month.

CBS Sports Network programming is College Football and Basketball with very poor matchups. They don't show any of the top teams. The Big Ten Network is much better. Bell Satellite still doesn't carry The Big Ten Network.

#25 ·
Agree 7 dollars for one channel is a ripoff. My entire tv package is only 71 dollars when I don't have the super sports pack and includes every sports channel cogeco has outside of premium channels.

I get cbs sports with Cogeco in my grandfathered sports theme pack along with big ten, nba tv, leafs tv and a couple others that are no longer channels.

I like the channel for some of the studio shows like Boomer and Carton and Doug gottliebs call in show also plus the basketball matchups are better than the football ones.

But I couldn't see paying that much. Typical Bell Pricing.

#29 ·
This is unbelievably stupid. Why the hell is TSN airing the FIBA Basketball game on TSN1, 3, 4 & 5. NOBODY is going to watch it. Ohio State is the number one ranked team. That is a marque game and should be available to Canadians. Why pay so much for TSN, Sportsnet and the Super Sports Pak when they can't even deliver a game they have the rights too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.