Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

SEC network available in Canada?

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bossman 
#1 ·
Any news about Bell, Rogers or anyone adding the SEC network.?

#2 ·
Not going to happen, at least for this upcoming college football season. Pretty much all SEC Network games will be available on either the Super Sports Pack (Rogers) or the U.S. College Sports Package (Bell) as far as I know. A few SEC Network games are broadcast on one of the TSN Five as well. Perhaps by next season, when pick n' pay will probably be in effect, we may have the opportunity to get it but a lot would have to change in a year for that to happen.

#3 ·
I begin to wonder why TSN just doesn't use TSN Go as a workaround for stuff like this; i.e. partner with ESPN to distribute ESPNU and SEC Network in Canada as over-the-top services, kind of like ESPN3.

Or just have Bell back a proposal to allow them into Canada to begin with. The CRTC has consensus per CBS Sports Network and Big Ten Network that channels dedicated to U.S. college sports are niche enough to be allowable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.