Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

beIN Sports Channel Discussions

64K views 115 replies 37 participants last post by  llamasmurf 
#1 ·
beIN Sport soon to be on Canadian TV? Here's bits of a press release:
A new partnership is set to bring international sports programming and live event coverage to cable and satellite providers across the country...International sports program production and distribution company beIN SPORT and multicultural television operator Ethnic Channels Group have announced their multi-platform partnership plans.
"Our partnership with Ethnic Channels Group will help build a profitable business in Canada through better distribution and interactivity with consumers," said Yousef Al-Obaidly, Managing Director of beIN SPORT.
With beIN SPORT and beIN SPORT en Espanol, Canadian viewers will get access to … La Liga … Serie A, and … Ligue 1. The network also features CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying matches, Copa America, the Copa del Rey, the U.K.'s Football League, Six Nations Rugby, tennis, boxing and other international sport competitions.
"Together with beIN SPORT, we share a vision to showcase premium sporting content to the Canadian audience.," said Slava Levin, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Ethnic Channels Group. Ethnic Channels Group distributes a number of channels under Foreign Service licenses, acting as the official distributor on the broadcaster's behalf.

#3 ·
The new deal sounds like bad news if you were hoping for HD games?
Some little known / carried ethnic SD channels only offering the games.

Surprised Sportsnet World did not pick up La Liga from beinsport.

Hope beinsport continue the plan to offer online paid access,
Pic quality is better than Sd and its great being able to watch on the iPad etc., too.

I'm not interested in subscribing and watching a poor quality SD ethnic TV channel.

#4 ·
beIN SPORTS in Canada

The following has been confirmed by reliable sources:

• beIN SPORTS will be available in Canada beginning this week in limited distribution.
  • beIN SPORTS will be launched across Canada during the months of February and March.
  • Customers should contact their service provider to check when and if beIN SPORTS will be available.
  • beIN SPORTS will be offered in English and Spanish.
  • Ethnic Channels Group has had discussions pertaining to the possibility to offer beIN SPORTS in French. No conclusive results yet.
  • beIN SPORTS will only be available in HD.
Website
http://www.beinsports.tv/

Thank you.

#5 ·
Great news ... HD only but will most of us ever see them.
Concerned who will carry and when. GolTV offered HD but no one picked it up.

Is the online stream still going to be offered free or fee, when the channels launch in limited distribution?

Hope to hear more details soon :)

#7 · (Edited)
beIN SPORTS in Canada

Digital79
Is the online stream still going to be offered free or fee, when the channels launch in limited distribution?
Answer:
Unknown at this stage.

Many7695 said:
Does anyone know if they carry any soccer games from Portugal [...]
Answer:
In Canada - beIN SPORTS will not broadcast the matches of Liga ZON Sagres, Liga2 Cabovisão and Taça de Portugal.

August 2013 - beIN SPORTS (France) announced that it acquired for the next three seasons the rights of the Liga ZON Sagres (less 15 matches of S.L. Benfica at home).
http://www.beinsports.fr/news/article/14mqpd84ahsb410f2y98zgae1g

Portuguese football - International Broadcast.
This information may have not been updated.
Belgium – Belgacom (two live games a week)
Brazil – SporTV, BandSports
Canada – Sport TV Américas
France – beIN Sport
Indonesia - TelkomVision Arena, Lejel Sport (several games)
Israel – Sport 5
Netherlands – Sport1
Poland – SportKlub+, Orange Sport
Spain – Gol Televisión
United States – ESPN3 (weekly coverage), Sport TV Américas (several games)
Latin America – ESPN Latin America (Except Brazil) and DirecTV Sports
Lusophone Africa – RTP (one game a week on RTP Internacional), Sport TV África
Middle East and North Africa – beIN Sports
Worldwide – RTP (one game a week on RTP Internacional)
Source: Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Liga#International_Broadcast

In Canada, Portuguese football can be watched on:

#15 ·
I agree. Ripoff !!!!!
No VOD or at least a playback rewind/dragback.
They think I sit home all weekdays for live games ?
Even Sat and Sun watch all day is not worthy of $20.00/mth.
I sent them back a reply telling them how stupid they are and not listening to real football fans.
I just had to let it out. I know they dont care. I wanted them to know how I felt.
End of story. Unless they make changes that give us some value, I hope they go out of business.

#16 · (Edited)
Thanks Lusofonia for Portugal soccer tv information, do bad they are spread out and not on one pacific channel, even with the benfica channel which isn't offered on Rogers. My parents would sell me and my brother and maybe their grandchildren to watch all benfica soccer games on tv.

When I get the chance I put the benfica games on my pc for them to watch. Unfortunately, they don't know how to do it. If I get chance I would buy them a pc which I could control remotely from them to watch the games.

#18 · (Edited)
Al Jazeera Sport rebranded as beIN SPORTS

Al Jazeera Sport rebranded beIN SPORTS
Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Al Jazeera Sport will be rebranded beIN SPORTS after midnight on Tuesday, as Al Jazeera Media Network seeks to unite its global sport channels under one name ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

beIN SPORTS said in statement that its subscribers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region will now have access to 19 HD high-definition channels, including 12 in Arabic language: the currently branded Al Jazeera Sport 1-1-HD (which will be renamed beIN SPORTS 1-10HD) and beIN SPORTS, and beIN SPORTS News.

The subscribers will also have access to two channels in French (beIN SPORTS 13-14 HD FR); and one channel in Spanish (beIN SPORTS 15 HD ES). Subscribers also have access to two further English-language channels, Fox Sports and NBA TV, according to statement released on Tuesday.

“In a world where sports has the unique power to unite people, beIN SPORTS seeks to propel fans into a new age of sports programming by providing unmatched global sports coverage to its customers,” said Nasser Ghanim Al Khelaifi, Chairman of beIN SPORTS.

“The new network will transform TVs into portals of unlimited immersive sporting action that speak to each fan in their own language, allowing events to live on long after the final whistle blows,” he added.

The rebranding of Al Jazeera Network’s sports channels under one umbrella aims to provide viewers more opportunities to watch their favorite sports worldwide.

“As excitement builds ahead of the FIFA 2014 World Cup Finals, beIN SPORTS guarantees front row seats to all the live action in Brazil as well as live coverage from other popular worldwide sporting events,” beIN said in the statement. (...)
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/med.../Al-Jazeera-Sports-rebranded-beIN-SPORTS.html

Al Jazeera Sport rebranded as beIN Sport across MENA
by Debarati Das | January 2, 2014

Qatari broadcaster, Al Jazeera Sport, has rebranded its channel packages as beIN Sport across the Middle East and North Africa to unite its global sports assets under a single banner. Al Jazeera Sport was available in 20 markets across the MENA region, while beIN SPORTS – jointly owned and operated by Qatari Sports Investments (an affiliate of Al Jazeera Media Networks), had operations in France, North America, Indonesia, Hong Kong and the Philippines.

Subscribers in the Arab world will now have access to 19 high definition (HD) premium sports channels, including 12 in Arabic, rebranded as beIN Sports 1-10HD, along with beIN Sports, and beIN Sports News. In addition, two channels will be available in French (beIN Sports 13-14 HD FR), and one channel in Spanish (beIN Sports 15 HD ES). English language channels Fox Sports and NBA TV will also be provided for subscribers. (...)
http://nextvame.com/1-cable-dth/al-jazeera-sport-rebranded-as-bein-sport-across-mena/

#24 ·
Is MTS only offering the english channel ?

Really need both the English and Spanish channel.
Often the Spanish channel was the only one showing Madrid or Barca games live.

For $20 a month if its just the English, BeInSport should give MTS subs a free online account as well...

#29 ·
I currently subscribe to Sportsnet World. Though I'm a huge footie fan, no way I will sub to both BeIn and SnW. So the question is which one? Will wait and see what BeIn carries. SnW is not as good as it used to be. It's just an expensive "other Sportsnet" channel, since it carries BPL and Champions League games on all its networks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.