Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Australian Rules Football 2012

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Punter 
#1 ·
If you've never watched a match, give it a shot -- for my money, it's the most entertaining thing on TV. TSN2 just released the schedule for this year:

http://tsn.ca/other_sports/story/?id=390923

Only unfortunate thing is that most of the matches they're showing are in the middle of the night. A couple of years back, they would show a live match at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Saturday nights.

If you need any convincing to PVR it sometime, here are a couple fun facts:

1. When the ball goes out of bounds, the referee has to face away from the field and throw the ball backwards over his head back into play! and
2. There are seagulls.

#2 ·
I'm a huge Aussie Rules fan. I was sweating over the winter that AFANA wouldn't be able to get a deal with a Canadian TV network. I'd still love to see all the games live in Canada, but at least the Monday morning highlights show will allow me to see Port Adelaide highlights.

The best part of Aussie Rules, now that goal umpires wear regular uniforms instead of the hat and coat, is when a goal is kicked from beyond the 50. The announcers go nuts when that happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.