TSN2 showing Winter Olympics - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-07-05, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

TSN2 showing Winter Olympics

Last few weeks it was curling. Now the Olympics.
Seems to have changed a little from the TSN 3 hour delay channel.
Interesting.

Andy K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-07-05, 10:08 PM

July

5th - Moguls
6th - Ski Cross
7th - Snowboard Cross and Parallel Giant Slalom
8th - Skeleton

12th - Bobsleigh
13th - Short Track Speed Skating
14th - Long Track Speed Skating

19th - Figure Skating Men's
20th - Figure Skating Women's
21st - Figure Skating Dance
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-07-06, 05:51 PM
Veteran

I watched it last night, not sure how much more I'll watch, but the moguls were way back at the start and I figured they were worth watching again.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-07-06, 09:59 PM

I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping they air the gold medal hockey game in its entirety again... I lost it shortly after when my DVR crashed, would love to record it again.

RCA 26" HDTV - (ATSC/QAM Tuner) - 720p/1080i
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-07-07, 12:12 AM
Veteran

I'm sure they will, and I'm interested to see what the ratings will be. Its hockey and there isn't any other hockey on, I could see it pulling in decent numbers. I would assume that on top of what's already scheduled, they will at least show these events

men's hockey gold (and maybe bronze too?)
women's hockey gold
men's curling gold
women's curling gold
figure skating pairs

I'm hoping for snowboarding halfpipe and alpine skiing too, but since Canada didn't get a medal in any of those events I'm not getting my hopes up.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-07-07, 09:21 AM
Veteran

NBJosh: Not totally true. There is still hockey on, just not on channels that are not subscription. NHL Network shows the last Stanley Cup Playoffs plus older games. ESPN Classic Canada and people in Ontario who get LeafsTV get older games.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-07-07, 10:43 PM

Let's hope this small step leads to what should be room for other ESPN programming, such as their emmy award winning "outside the lines".

To watch some of the great stories they feature on "outside the lines", check out the website at:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/index
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-07-08, 05:05 PM

July:

26th Womens Curling Semi v. Switzerland
27th Womens Curling Final v. Sweden
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-08-25, 09:12 PM

The Mens Hockey Final is on now. It's the final installment of their Olympic encores. Anyone know if these will be run again?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-08-25, 09:18 PM
Veteran

Sportsnet One has been running them, not that many of us can see it. I get the feeling that TSN2 will run them in the afternoon/late night next February as a 1 year after kind of thing.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-08-26, 02:08 PM
Veteran

Angry Fed Up

I do agree that the Winter Oly's were extremely exciting...and that I like sports movies...but this week there is an extremely good Little League World Series baseball tournament going on in Williamsport Penn. that is covered by ESPN/ESPN2 and ABC.

8 championship teams come from around the world to combine with 8 championship US teams to play a double knockout tourney that is nothing short of breathtaking...hey these kids throw 77 mph fastballs (100 mph MLB comparison).

Why TSN/TSN2 don't tap into their sister stations down south (except to show the Canadian game) is beyond stupidity.

What if they decided to do that (only show events when Canada is in them) for the Oly's?

To me...this yearly event ranks up there with the World Juniors at Christmas...as it's incredible baseball.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-08-26, 04:02 PM
Veteran

I agree. I'm not a big fan of double knockout (I preferred group play, then quarters, semis and final), but I always make a point of trying to catch at least 1 Canada game and the final. I might watch more if it was available.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 2010-08-26, 07:11 PM
Veteran

Yes the double knockout that they are using this year has made for a lot of rematches which is unfortunate...because you don't want to be eliminated in the round robin because you can't beat one specific hot team.

Also you'd like the kids to play as many clubs as possible...because matchups make exciting games...as you never know who has someones number.

They are also using a different type of pitch count for the kids this year...making it impossible to win with 2-3 great pitchers...you need 5-6 now.

Too bad Canada doesn't get to enjoy the largest organization of youth sports in the entire world.

On another note...Chinese Taipai looks unstoppable...I'd love to see them play Georgia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.