DVD ripping software that works on newer DVDs - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-06-13, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

DVD ripping software that works on newer DVDs

My kids destroy their DVDs very quickly so i need decent backup software. I have generally used DVD shrink in the past but it often does not work on newer DVDs as it hasn't been updated in five years or so - which is the case with several other similar programs.

Does anyone have a recommended DVD ripper that works on the latest discs, including Disney, that is free? I have tried Magic DVD ripper and it seems to work on the latest discs but it costs $35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-06-13, 11:21 PM

You could try DVDFab, the ripper is free and it worked on all the DVDs I processed so far.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-06-14, 08:14 AM

I too use DVDFab, but paid for it. Awesome program and constantly updated with the encryption keys. Can rip anything to almost any format you choose.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-06-14, 09:34 AM
Veteran

I use Slysoft AnyDVD. It works really good. You can backup DVD's and Bluerays, depending on the product you buy.

EDIT - Sorry I just noticed you asked for free. AnyDVD does have a cost associated with it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-06-14, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Mtl View Post
You could try DVDFab, the ripper is free and it worked on all the DVDs I processed so far.
I did download DVDFab but it seems that the free version is lacking some functionality - I will try it out again.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-06-14, 09:47 AM

I've used MakeMKV recently. Very easy to use and no hiccups yet (only backed up a couple of movies)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.