Panasonic PT-56LCX70 and PT-61LCZ70 LiFi HDTV - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 2014-05-20, 09:59 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
When you get the problem, do the flashing codes correspond to anything on page 61 of the operating manual?

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER.../PT50LCZ70.pdf Direct Link

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model...s&support#tabs Panasonic link.

Here's a list of things to check. Unplug everything from the TV and unplug the TV overnight.

FAQ - Things to check first.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 2014-05-20, 10:03 AM
Rookie

thats just it, I am not getting any flashing error codes
when it has the problem the green light just blinks like a normal start up and never stops unles I turn the tv off and there is no error given
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 2014-05-20, 02:47 PM
Rookie

just curious do these lamps give full brightness to the day they die or do they diminish in brightness over time?

post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 2014-05-20, 03:02 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Diminish over time. Often people will replace them even though they're working just go get that "like new" picture. They then keep the used lamp as an emergency spare.

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 2014-05-20, 03:15 PM
Rookie

thanks, tv has worked perfectly all day today, but considering the tv is exactly 6 years old and with about 5 hours of use per day, I think it deserves a new bulb, considering they are pretty cheap on ebay and easy to install
and if the tv dies I am not really out much
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 2014-05-28, 06:43 PM

I'm having a weird problem. A dozen minutes after turning on the tv for the first time of the day, the screen goes black and the green power light flashes. 30 seconds later, the image comes back on and the tv is fine for the rest of the day. Any ideas?
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 2014-05-28, 07:59 PM
Rookie

how odd that sounds exactly like what mine is doing, some days it doesnt even do it, other times it does it about twice in a row then is fine
no red lights to even indicate an error code
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 2014-07-16, 09:54 AM
Rookie

I can now report my tv is dead, it did the flashing grre start up sequence, but as of today it fails to turn on and the error light does a repeating 2 rd flash error code which is a malfunction 9

odd thing is can see the bulb turn on a couple of times with a picture befor it give the red error code
dont bulbs either work or not work??
seems odd to me
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 2017-08-16, 05:33 AM

this TV was a real lemmon. The main problem is after time, the TV can be turned on first time, you have to turn on and off manytimes the tv and hope it will work.
We had this TV, and extended warranty.
The technician came 3 times to replace the electonic moduloes and lamps.
Today same problem but no more warranty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.