Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Ceiling recess size for projector screen

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lastyear4gt 
#1 ·
Im just in the stages of framing the bulk heads in my basement and want to rough in a recess in the bulkhead to accept up to a 106" projector screen with a plug and cat 5 cable for triggering drop down. I've done some searching on line and found no info as far as dimensions of the pocket. Can anyone help?

#4 ·
Its a fairly difficult thing to do until you actually have the screen, my solution was to just mount the screen to the bulk head then I mounted L brackets to a piece of wood and covered the housing.

This way its covered unless your directly underneath it and if anything ever happens to the screen I can still access it to get it out pretty easily.

#5 ·
I'm not so sure putting the projector in the bulkhead would be a great idea I would say over heating would be an issue.

I found a place in Toronto that seems to have very reasonable prices on motorized screens I think I will just have to get the screen and work it into the finishing of the drop ceiling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.