Ceiling recess size for projector screen - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-02-22, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Ceiling recess size for projector screen

Im just in the stages of framing the bulk heads in my basement and want to rough in a recess in the bulkhead to accept up to a 106" projector screen with a plug and cat 5 cable for triggering drop down. I've done some searching on line and found no info as far as dimensions of the pocket. Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 08:38 PM

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-03-02, 08:46 PM
Rookie

i have the same problem. i am going to finish my basement. i like to put my projector in the bulkhead. any body help me how . i am thinking to put grill in the front with the hole for the lens for ventilation. any idea please help
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-03-03, 11:16 AM

Its a fairly difficult thing to do until you actually have the screen, my solution was to just mount the screen to the bulk head then I mounted L brackets to a piece of wood and covered the housing.

This way its covered unless your directly underneath it and if anything ever happens to the screen I can still access it to get it out pretty easily.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-03-03, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

I'm not so sure putting the projector in the bulkhead would be a great idea I would say over heating would be an issue.

I found a place in Toronto that seems to have very reasonable prices on motorized screens I think I will just have to get the screen and work it into the finishing of the drop ceiling.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-03-11, 10:43 AM

The motors aren't big enough nor run long enough or fast enough to cause any kind of heating concern.

And you wouldn't mount it in the bulkhead just on it then I put the board infront of the screen housing and it then looks like its coming out of the ceiling.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2011-03-11, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

You might want to read my post again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.