Shaw HDTV in Kelowna? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2003-01-06, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Location: Kelowna, BC: Panasonic 55" ST60 plasma Panasonic 65" ST60, Shaw Gateway Shaw 3400, Sharp LC37D43U
Shaw HDTV in Kelowna?

I am dying for some inside info on when the 5100 is coming to Kelowna. I have had my HDTV for over two years and I have never seen a HDTV picture on it!!!!

The CSR's never seem to know...even the Techs seem to be in the dark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2003-01-06, 10:57 PM

Re: Shaw HDTV in Kelowna?

I'm in Kelowna too and have had my HDTV ready TV for over 2 and a half years so I know how you feel about the lack of HDTV on cable. One thing I have noted though about Shaw's HDTV offering in Calgary and Vanouver. They don't have a movie channel with HDTV offerings. I assume that is due to Movie Central not getting into HDTV.

Anybody hear anything about Movie Central plans or lack of plans for HDTV?

My main interest in HDTV is for movies without commercial interruptions so I wouldn't be satified with what Shaw is offering now anyway.

I did break down and buy a JVC D-VHS VCR along with a half dozen movies. I can at last watch HDTV but at great expense. Hoipefully this will take the pressure off of getting HDTV from Shaw for awhile.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2003-01-07, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Location: Kelowna, BC: Panasonic 55" ST60 plasma Panasonic 65" ST60, Shaw Gateway Shaw 3400, Sharp LC37D43U
Does anywhere in town rent D-VHS movies??
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2003-01-07, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopied
Does anywhere in town rent D-VHS movies??
Not that I am aware. Neither buy or rent. I got my mine by ordering over the Internet. I ordered two from two Canadian sites and two from a US site. The two Canadian sites did not have any in stock so it took a couple of weeks for the first two and an additonal week for the remaining two. The US site shipped within a day but took a week to get here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.