Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw Direct 2012 New Channels Discussion

141K views 353 replies 97 participants last post by  bigoranget 
#1 ·
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2012.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Shaw Direct in 2012 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Shaw Direct has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

Replaces Shaw Direct 2011 New Channels Discussion

#275 ·
I don't care that they simsub, just do it right. The program was completely unwatchable. This time it was a repeat so i don't really care, but if it was new then i'd now have to find another route to watch the same program b/c SD can't get their act together and do simsubs correctly.

#277 ·
Digital Indulgence and Digital Indulgence Lite (which is alomst the same as DI, but has around 12 fewer channels) are unadvertised promo packages. We have DI Lite. We started with DI, and then switched. We received an ad in our mailbox for DI last November. DI Lite is currently $45.31. DI is slightly more, I'm not sure how much more. To receive one of these packages, you would have to call Shaw Direct. It would be worth it for you. :)

#278 ·
Awesome!

It's for my parents actually. I already played the "Im cancelling and leaving" gig 2 years ago and got the Value Pack plus some other package as a retention deal. It's up to 49 bucks now after 2 years UGH!

But for my parents, they don't mind 50 bucks as long as they get a lot more channels!

Will call tomorrow.

#279 ·
Is till have Trop. (166) on SD. I am angry that they changed the Cave channel into yet another Histroy channel. We already have History West and East - why do we need THREE?!! Plus I like the shows on Cave. I was told by a customer rep. that they are getting 2 new satellites and the number one channel they are going to add is Comedy Gold. I have been asking ever since I switched to Shaw and they said it is the number one requested feed. I can't wait! It is supposed to be an added channel so hopefully they don't get rid of another good one! P.S. don't we - the customers have ANY say in what we want to watch (and don't!) ?

#280 ·
They are only getting 1 new satellite but that satellite will carry dozens of channels that other providers carry but SD doesn't. It is now scheduled for a Dec 28th launch which means it will be the end of January or sometime in February that it goes into use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.