Backlash - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2002-04-27, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Backlash

Does anyone think thre ruling will result in more people going grey?
You know, you have told some one they cant do this, and some people will take that as a challenge.
I cant imagine anyone would be sentenced to jail for this act. I don't think they would go to that extent as far as punishment should they choose to prosecute you for watching a grey market dish at your home.
I wouldn't be surprised if they would jail a retailer though.

I believe in freedom.
Freedom of speech. Freedom of choice. A free society.
This is 2002 for God's sake. Shouldn't we be more in tune with peoples wants. In a democracy, shouldn't people have a right to choose?

It is now day 2. The more I think about it the more peeved I get.
Here you have Star Choice. They will knowingly, willingly send a system to the US. So while it's ok for them to do it in my backyard, they don't want anyone playing in their backyard.
This makes my stomach churn. :
I wonder if the SCC or any other judicial arm was aware that Star Choice does to a certain degree what they ask to be stopped, if that would weigh on any justice's mind?

Unless they make it illegal to bring a DTV or DISH system in Canada, I suspect, the market they wish wasn't there will only continue to grow.
I am not certain if the ruling would be applied to say that if one person enters the country with one dish, that would be illegal.

Regardless, instead of in person, than the mail or UPS or Fed Ex will no doubt be bringing systems in. I wonder how the custom's process will go.
Duty paid, product imported.
Or duty paid, product imported, sting set up to arrest the end user at time of delivery.
They cant touch anyone here for sending it. And I cant imagine the resources being spent to make a drug bust er, satellite dish bust.
Who want's to be first????

Something stupid usually goes here______
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2002-04-28, 06:17 PM
Digital Sage

I'm going grey or is that gray?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.