VGA/Component Video Converters - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2002-04-05, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone have any experiece with these? I noticed that some old HD Satellite recievers have VGA output and not component. I was thinking of getting one using a converter like this: http://www.smarthome.com/77706.html . Of course I would like to plug my computer into it too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Systine on 2002-04-05 11:43 ]</font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2002-04-08, 12:42 PM

Systine,

I'm using the Audio Authority VGA-to-Component Video Converter (part #777060 at Smarthome). It's working well to convert the signal from VGA on my HTPC (ATI Radeon LE video card) to componant on my Toshiba 50HX70 TV. I'm running a fairly inexpensive VGA extension cable of about 20' with no noise or artifacts.

I use the PC mostly to playback DVD's at 960x540p resolution so that I can do an Anamorphic squeeze on the TV. It's also usefull to rip DVD's for later playback, if I don't get a chance to view them before the rental period is up.

I'm using a Sound Blaster Live (value edition) to get the sp/dif audio out to my Surround Sound Processor, that way I retain Dolby Digital sound.

Kevin.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2002-04-09, 10:15 AM

Systine,

I also used the AA0960 with success to connect my HTPC to Panasonic CT34WX50. You can have it cheaper at http://www.medicalvideosystems.com/p...promotions.htm I also heard about the Key Digital VGA-&gt;Component converter, which is said to be better quality (and more expensive) than the AA. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.