Hitachi 57uwx20b vs. Sony kp57ws500 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2002-11-28, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Hitachi 57uwx20b vs. Sony kp57ws500

Does anyone have experience comparing these two models. I am at the point after all my research to buy on of these two. For one thousand dollars more I can get the loaded model from each Hitachi 57swx20b or Sony kp57wv700. Can you help me with this decision?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2002-11-28, 06:58 PM
Veteran

This is more a personal decision IMHO, let your eyes do the talking as it's your eyeballs seeing the set, not us. The general consensus is that Hitachi makes a far better set than Sony, but you may also want to look at Toshiba. Sony is well known for their direct-view (tube) televisions but their projection sets are not rivalled at the top compared to other industry players and filled with gimicks (memory stick).

Personally I hated the look of this years 700 series with that god awful silver grille on the front, that would be very distracting when watching a movie at night. I wish they kept to the HS40/XBR2/WS500 series design. It's a TV not a rocket ship.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.