Any tweaks for best SD on Aquos xxD82U? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-07-18, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Location: Toronto - BellIPTV, MotorolaVIP1216, MotorolaVIP1200(x2), SharpLC52D85U, PS3, Wii, Sony STR-DE845
Any tweaks for best SD on Aquos xxD82U?

Just brought home a Sharp Aquos 46D82U. Hooked it up (via HDMI) to my SA8300HD. I'm not impressed at all with the picture quality on SD channels. Is there anything I can tweak (on either the TV or the cable box) to get the best quality of SD signals?

Also, I hooked up my Sony DVD player using component cables (no upconversion or HDMI on this 10 year old model) and I'm not impressed with the quality of that either.

At this point, I'm kinda disappointed for having shelled out $2K+. Though I will note that the HD channels seem decent (though not enough of them yet! When are all broadcasts going to be HD???)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-07-18, 01:10 PM
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 2008-08-19, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Location: Toronto - BellIPTV, MotorolaVIP1216, MotorolaVIP1200(x2), SharpLC52D85U, PS3, Wii, Sony STR-DE845
Many thanks

Just got back from vacation and read through the links. Many thanks!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.