Insignia 42" Plasma- "green static" - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2008-07-11, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Insignia 42" Plasma- "green static"

I am new to the forum, and new to plasma tv. My tv is aprox 9 months old.

The problem I am experiencing is a green static/pixelation in white areas of a picture, such as glare on an actors face or a car windsheild. This seems to occur on one half of the screen. It is happenning when watching satelite tv (rgb inputs) or dvds (audio/video component input).

any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2008-07-11, 08:46 AM

If it's only on one half of the screen then the set is probably defective.

I'd get the service guys in before the warranty is up.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2008-07-11, 09:22 PM

I had you TV for about 4 months,(the hmdi plugs didn't work}Whats happening to you ,iam not ,trying to disrespect you, but you tried to save some bucks and now you are seeing the benefits. take it back and spend a extra $200-$300 buck and get your self a real tv(this is my suggestion ,samsung, panasonic, pioneer ,and lg (stay out of walmart type stores.(take your TV back, i promise you will be a lot happier with the three i mentioned, its a good starting pointI really will you goodluck with any decision you make Thats my 2 cents
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2008-07-11, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

It is Futureshop and Bestbuy's store brand. The difference was enough to buy their three year extended warrentee. I called Futureshop and a tech will be coming by in four days.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2008-07-12, 04:30 PM

This is just my opinion ,When you have to take a new tv to get fixed.It's never pretty.I hope they do fix the problem you have.But ive seen this before(like 3 months down the line a new problems starts)Iam not saying this to get you upset.I just want you to be prepared if it does happen.Really man i wish you the best of luck and problem free(you started with a new tv ,Now after it's fixed you own a refurbished tv)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.