Any Samsung LNT 3753 or 4053 owners that can confirm support from SammyCanada?? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-02-03, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Question Any Samsung LNT 3753 or 4053 owners that can confirm support from SammyCanada??

I'll soon be returning a new Sharp 37" 43u in exchange for either of the above-mentioned Sammy models, and wanted to make sure first that Samsung Canada will support them if the unit is plagued with the infamous "tearing" issue...

I know that the 4053 "should" be supported since it is made/supplied by Samsung Canada and has a Canadian model number (LNT4053HX/XAC), but I went through a similar issue with my plasma unit when a fix for the "judder" issue was released from Samsung USA, and Samsung Canada claimed there was no fix available; they refused to consider anything that had to do with their sister-company and I had to get the firmware fix myself through a private US owner!!

As for the 3753, that model is even more of a concern, since it seems to be exclusive to FutureShop yet does not appear on the Samsung Canada website; it boasts a US model number (LNT3753HX/XAA) and I'm assuming that FS probably imports these units directly from BB in the US or something...

In any case, I'm just preparing for the worst, so I thought to ask if there's anyone with real life experience here.

Thanks to all in advance,
Kamy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-02-04, 01:21 AM

Location: Burnaby,BC--Sharp LC-37D43U,Pioneer 1018AH,PS3,Toshiba HD-A2,Celestion AVP-301,Jamo SW-1008,DCT3416
Might be a stupid questions but did you try calling Samsung to hear what they have to say?

Panasonic TH-50PX60U,Pioneer VSX-1018AH,Sony BDP-S350,Toshiba HD-A3,Energy RC Mini Speakers,Klipsch Sub-10,H880,DCT3416
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-02-04, 07:59 AM

I have the Samsung LNT4042H. It had the tearing problem and some audio issues. I called Samsung and within two days a technician was at my house to diagnose the problem. One week later, he came back to my house with a new board for the TV. Repair took 20 minutes and the TV now works great.

I am very satisfied with the support I received from Samsung. You should have no concerns.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-02-04, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev604 View Post
Might be a stupid questions but did you try calling Samsung to hear what they have to say?
Actually, I did call and was told that although the 3753 is in fact a US model, it would be supported since it is made available to Canada. But as I discovered with my previous Samsung support call, actions speak louder than words, so I thought to ask if anyone had firsthand knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren_stuart View Post
I have the Samsung LNT4042H. It had the tearing problem and some audio issues. I called Samsung and within two days a technician was at my house to diagnose the problem. One week later, he came back to my house with a new board for the TV. Repair took 20 minutes and the TV now works great.

I am very satisfied with the support I received from Samsung. You should have no concerns.
I was not totally dissatisfied with Samsung support with my judder firmware issue for the HPT5054... I got through easily each time, they sent a technician over VERY quickly, and the tech himself was VERY helpful! I feel it was just bad communication channels between the two sister companies, or at the very least a delay in the process.

Obviously, the experience was not enough to steer me away from the brand since here I am again purchasing another Samsung! They do rock!

Kamy
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-02-04, 09:01 PM
Jaw

They fixed the tearing problem in the 42 and 53 series in September of last year. I bought my 42 series Samsung in October and it had the correct firmware with the fix in it. I assume this late in the game, all of them should be fine.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2008-02-04, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
They fixed the tearing problem in the 42 and 53 series in September of last year. I bought my 42 series Samsung in October and it had the correct firmware with the fix in it. I assume this late in the game, all of them should be fine.
I knew it was fixed back in September '07, but I assumed that most if not all of the stock in the big box stores probably predates that; even when they order from Samsung suppliers, I'm sure they are getting rid of older stock first....

But I guess it shouldn't be an issue eventually, you're right!

Kamy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.