Display acting up... Samsung 4061F - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-12-24, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Display acting up... Samsung 4061F

I have noticed that at times, my screen display will aquire these tiny bright white spots, that will not go away unless I reboot the TV.

Also, getting some ( for lack of a better description ) skidmarks, that seem to be located in the areas/edges of where the OSD comes up for menu options pop-up on the screen. These are not always bright white as they are usually different colors, but again, they will not go away unless I turn the tv off and then back on.

I apologise that I cannot offer up proper terms for what I am seeing. I am still very new to the HD world.

I am using a Motorola DVR 505/StarChoice receiver.

Can anyone enlighten me on what would be causing this, and possibly offer up some suggestions on how to go about fixing?

Merry Christmas to all

Last edited by JimmyJazzCA; 2007-12-24 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added a little more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-12-24, 01:19 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
The "skid marks" (beside lettering) may be a result of improper settings of the TV. Please see the following few links which discuss the proper setup.

FAQ - What You Need To Do To Your New HDTV TV Setup.

HDTV Frequently Asked Questions: Please read this before posting in the forum Newbie info

Perhaps with the proper setup these items will go away?

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-12-24, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Hello 57 and thank-you very much for your reply... Man, that was quick !

I don't think I explianed myself very well when attempting to describe the 'skid marks'.

It is not caused by lettering, or at least I don't think so. Basically it seems that something is causing pixels to freeze and they remain that way until I turn the tv off and on. Then, all is well for a short period, then it starts all over again. It just seems to me that I get two skid marks of frozen pixels around the area that the OSD is displayed on the screen. Also, I get various areas of single white spots that will remain until the TV is rebooted.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2007-12-26, 12:54 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
Sounds like a problem with the TV. Here's a list of things to check:

FAQ - Things to check first.

If it continues, then you may need to get the TV serviced or return it.

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.