Cat clawed my screeen - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2007-02-09, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Cat clawed my screeen

I just saw a few scratches on my 1 week old plasma my still living cat did. The scatches are right into the plastic (cant be glass if a cats clay can leave groves) and it changes the way the light comes through that spot and is distracting. I was wondering if there was a way to fill in the scratches ,like they do with car windows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2007-02-09, 06:53 PM
Cap

I have a cat, if that happened, i would be looking for a new pet....Good Luck
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2007-02-09, 07:15 PM
OTA Forum Moderator

If the scratches are too deep to buff out, maybe some of that eyeglass scratch repair liquid I've seen on late night infomercials might do the job? No idea if that stuff actually works. The last resort would be having to get a shop to replace the screen.

I once had to glue the diaphragm of a speaker woofer that my cat of years gone by decided to knead with his claws.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2007-02-09, 08:12 PM

Shoot the cat!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2007-02-10, 12:31 AM
DHC Supporter

electro353, I'm glad to hear the cat's still alive - people and pets are worth more than electronics any day.

That being said, I hope that stampeder's quick fix works for you, or that the screen replacement isn't too pricey.

All the best!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2007-02-10, 12:32 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
Cats love watching TV, especially the nature shows. Sorry to hear of your misfortune, hope it can be repaired.

One of our cats got to be quite destructive and we had to have her declawed on the front paws - she was an indoor cat. They both then lived to be 18 (he never got destructive and kept his claws, but never enjoyed getting them trimmed).

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2007-02-16, 12:16 PM

My siamese meows at 2 am sometimes 4 am ect, he's declawed in the front! Little biter dough would not trade him for anything he gets these stange seizures i had to put him on daily meds!

Hitachi P50A402/ PS3 /Motorola 3416/ Harmon Kardon AVR-146 , Jamo, Energy, Vedolyne Sub/ Toshiba 42LX177

Last edited by Bobvan; 2007-02-16 at 12:21 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2007-02-17, 08:15 PM

During my last move a friend lifted 3 framed prints up off the floor, turned and nailed the plasma right in the middle causing a 1/4" jag. The cost to replace the panny front was $800 + labour. It's very hard not to miss the scratch. Heartbreaking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.