Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Westinghouse 55'' WE55UC420 UHD SMART TV

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Onknight 
#1 · (Edited)
Just bought this TV Black Friday online from Walmart for 499.00 all In CND.

http://XXX.walmart.Xa/en/ip/westinghouse-55-uhd-smart-tv/6000196480631

LED Direct Lit 55 Inch 4K True Refresh Rate (Panel) 60 Hz That dose worry me .

It has good amount of Connectons for Input/Output Connectivity Options 3.5mm Mini Jack, Analog Audio, Component Video Input, Composite Video Input, Digital Optical Audio Output, HDCP 2.2, HDMI Input, PC Audio Input, PC VGA Input, RCA Input, RF Antenna Input, USB Port

since I brought it online it will be here this week anyone else brought this TV and give me calibration settings

Also I am using it older Audio Receiver a Yamaha RX-v373 Should I upgrade that

and what about HDMI Cables do they need upgrading ?

#3 ·
Not sure They came with cable Equipment all but one connect to the PC that I brought

is any way to tell if' a cable is 1.4 HDMI or 2.0 HDMI ?

I edit the link to TV cause I don't no the Policy of the site

#4 ·
I got this from another forum after a quick Google search.

I work for a HDMI cable manufacturer and HDMI Adopter. The following answer is provided by our managing director/cable designer.

Contrary to popular belief there is very little change in HDMI cables from one ‘version’ to another. It is for this reason that reference to HDMI version numbers is not allowed as it’s misleading. There are two main differences between cables – 1. Speed, and 2. whether it has Ethernet Channel or not. Each new Compliance Test Specification (CTS) that is released supersedes earlier versions. We as HDMI Adopters could theoretically submit an old cable for new testing and have it pass. This is widely misunderstood with popular thinking that a later ‘version’ cable can do more than an older one.

All you need to know now is whether a cable is ‘Standard’ or ‘High Speed’. The former could be labelled as supporting 1080p and 3D, and if that’s all you need, that’s fine. High Speed extends bandwidth to include upcoming 4K video and other more advanced features. Be cautious in longer length though, as mislabelling is rife. Also, the labelling suffix “with Ethernet” allows for the new HDMI Ethernet Channel, but that’s hardly being used in the real world. Usually costs no extra though, so consider it a bonus feature.

One final note – a well-constructed ‘vintage’ HDMI cable from 2005 should support 3D, 4K and Deep Color, even if it’s labelled “v1.2”.
From the same search. I found this YouTube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnDgqHPIMDA

#5 ·
Thanks guy has anyone else brought this TV

What are there thoughts ?

I am still Waiting for mine to be Delivered Walmart Online is crap Order it Friday and not even been shipped yet .

Temped to take back once get to my Door.

#6 ·
That was a great deal, interested to see how it pans out as far as quality goes. They are made by Tongfang Global, manufacturer of Seiki, Element and other brands that you see at Factory Direct as low priced value sets, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I remember the days that "Goldstar" electronics were low price leaders that everyone scoffed at but they made good products and are now a premium brand known as LG.

Keep us posted.

#8 ·
They are probably just slammed. I ordered an LG65UH7650 from Costco on Friday and it hasn't shipped yet either.
You're probably right, My Dad had a 48" tv he got with his dream air miles, took forever to get sent correctly, first time they shipped a 40", when it got fixed Canpar delivered it this past Sunday, the driver said in his 35 years of working for Canpar he'd never worked a Sunday before.

#9 ·
I'll post something once it arrives Called Walmart and they started an investigation why not been ship yet still shows at there Main Toronto Warehouse .

#10 ·
Okay so I called walmart again 5th Time
I told Can't reach the Shipping Company.
They Told me that been Swamped online orders
my TV is there Warehouse still

The Company that was bring the TV Here
precision homes and office delivery was too Small to Handle the Volume of deliveries it had.
I went to Supervisor and explained my frustrations about the Delay told I needed the TV today

For My troubles they took off another 75.00 Dollars
That Covers HST and almost all the Environmental Free
so a TV That Would Cost 494.38 (Before tax 398.00) On Black Friday Special
Is now Only Costing me only 420.00 Taxes and Delivery

Walmart is now Finding a Different Carrier to Send the TV
The going to call me when it on it way .
so don't afraid to complain
a Can save you money

#12 ·
Just as an FYI, someone else' settings do not apply your TV. It would be like using someone else' combination to unlock your lock. TVs, like combination locks, are all different. See:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-...76161-faq-what-you-need-do-your-new-hdtv.html

I can see from your post that:

The brightness is probably too high, so the blacks may not be as black as they should be.

The Contrast is probably too low, so the TV might appear dull.

The sharpness is too high, causing halos around objects and lettering - as well as exacerbating any stair-stepping or macroblocking.

Colour appears high.

Colour Temperature should probably be "warm", not "normal".

The one thing that is correct is the use of the "User" mode. The default settings on your TV for the user mode may actually be more accurate for your TV than the ones you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.