Thanks everyone for your replies!
So far I have been able to get the following requirements working on the Sony Bravia (I have 30 days to return).
-Watch movies located in my computer using iSedora
The Sony Bravia TV is very nice....but I don't think it will allow me to easily watch the content I currently watch on my PC monitor. I guess I am looking for a setup that will allow my TV to display what I can display on my computer monitor if that makes sense.
1) What do I need to do to watch online tv shows (for example: www.cbc.ca/video/
) on a TV? Can you do this with AppleTV using aTV Flash?
2) What TV's should I be looking at to purchase if I don't need a Smart TV (purchase a media extender instead). If you can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
3) If you want to rent movies from iTunes and watch on a TV, do you have to buy an AppleTV?
4) Have anyone tried renting movies from You Tube? I can't access movies from You Tube on the Sony Bravia but I can from my computer. http://www.youtube.com/movies
5) No one mentioned purchasing a blue ray player as an media extender. Is this an good option?
I am new and learning.....there are so many different options and configurations....it's overwhelming..
I have a HP Pavillion computer. I am assuming this is a HTPC?
Maybe I should post also in the Internet Television forum?