Opinion needed LG or Sony or Samsung LCD - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-10-13, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Opinion needed LG or Sony or Samsung LCD

I am looking at the following 3 LCD televisions, and wanted to know if anyone has any opinions on the issue.

Samsung 46" LN46D630
Sony 46" KDLEX500
LG 47" 47LK520

all three are 1080p with 120hz, and all around same price

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-10-13, 11:22 AM

I have always had good reliabilty with Sony TVs. I currently own 2 Sony TV's, one is a 15 year old school CRT with out any problems. The other is a 4 year old LCD with out any problems.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-10-13, 12:15 PM

I just purchased the LG 47" 47LK520 about a month ago, great quality picture, the sound quality is very good. Big thumbs up for the LG from me.

LG 47LK520 - Denon 1910 - Bell 6400 - Harmony 720 - Optoma HD200x -Pro-Ject Xpression III
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-10-13, 01:11 PM
Rookie

I bought the LG 47LK520 four days ago and so far so good. I read reviews on the internet before purchasing the tv and the reviews were very positive. I’m not disappointed at all with the tv. Great picture quality and easy to setup and use. Plugged in the PS3 using HDMI cable and watched Avatar in Bluray….WOW!

The sound is not great but can be fixed with a home theater system.
One thing I noticed when I turned the tv on for the first time, was that the whites were kinda grey. This is due to the Energy Saving feature. I turned it off and now the image is perfect.

I also own an older Sony (7-8 years old) and it’s still working like a champ. The sound on this thing is amazing and the picture quality is also great.

Good luck!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-10-13, 01:18 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
Quote:
One thing I noticed when I turned the tv on for the first time, was that the whites were kinda grey.
Check out the FAQ on optimizing your Home Theatre/TV for additional helpful hints beyond the energy option:

FAQ - What You Need To Do To Your New HDTV

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2011-10-13, 01:24 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the link! Very useful information!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.