Panasonic VT30 -Component to HDMI - PQ Downgrade??
I've mentioned this issue in another thread but here's my beef. I purchased the Panasonic VT30 reputed to be the best plasma on the market. The VT30 replaces my older Panny the PZ800U. On the PZ800 I used component cables to watch broadcast HD which provided excellent resolution. The VT30 only accepts component with a cheap adaptor plug which downgrades the resolution. This is mostly noticeable in a lack of detail in faces. HDMI, amazingly enough, results in the same subpar PQ. And here's the kicker: Bluray and 3D bluray look stellar. I have done everything to resolve this issue as follows:
1. tried various inputs and grades of HDMI cable (no change)
1. replaced PVR/sat receiver with a newer model (no change)
1. thought I had a bad copy so had a replacement VT30 delivered (no change)
2. had the A-board replaced (for another problem...fluctuating blacks) and hoped maybe this would resolve the issue (no change)
5. tried an OTA antenna (no change)
I've only heard of 2 other plasma owners make a similiar complaint (one was a VT30 and another SamsungD8000).
Now, is this perhaps a breakin issue? I still don't have a 100 hours on the set. Can't see how a couple hundred hours will miraculously improve resolution. Is it perhaps a poor upconversion from 1080i/720p to 1080p?
Anyone out there with a similiar experience?
Dave B Sony 4k XBRX55900A, ShawDirect HDPVR,
ChannelMaster HDPVR, Oppo BDP103 Onkyo TX-SR605 AVR