which is the best 20" tv?? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-09-15, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
which is the best 20" tv??

I know that most people on this site are more into big sets but I need to buy a 20" for the boat. It is strictly over the air so it must have a good quality, high gain tuner.

In the scan programming I would also need the "san add" feature.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-09-15, 04:47 PM
Member #1
Twenty inch sets a low end commodity item. My suggestion is check out your local big box retailer or Walmart and pick the one that looks the nicest.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-09-15, 06:41 PM
I don't think there are any 20" screens, 19", 23" and 24" yes.
Any HDTV under 24" is usually limited selection as the manufactures are not interested investing any money in developing.

For 23" to 27" stick with the Samsung Syncmaster series, they were produce as higher end PC/HDTV units and have proven themselves with great reviews from expert and retail users.

OTA CM4228HD CM3410 CM4040
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2011-09-15, 06:51 PM
It's best to look at overall dimensions and not just screen size. Some sets have narrower bezels and will fit in a smaller space. Whether the speakers on the side, bottom or edge will also make a difference.

Can't help much with the tuner details. That's probably best found out by reading set specs and user manuals. Those can often be found on the manufacturer's web site. For a boat, I would also be looking for 120v/12v operation.

At 20 I had a good mind. At 40 I had money. At 60 I've lost my mind and my money. Oh, to be 20 again. --Scary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.