Problem with samsung lnt4061fx - Scrambled Picture - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-08-29, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Problem with samsung lnt4061fx - Scrambled Picture

I bought this tv a year and a half ago. This exact same time last year I had this problem but it went away, but a year later I am having the exact same problem again and I would like to know ho to fix it.

So basically the problem is, no matter what video source I am on, the image is scrambled, either nothing is visible and it is random colors or I can see the image and it is scrolling either up or down really fast. I have some pictures to hopefully help describe it better and I can take a video if you want it more in depth.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-08-29, 04:04 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
Try unplugging the TV overnight to see if a reset helps. Could be a problem with the board though. Here's a list of things to check:

FAQ - Things to check first.

Here's a post, useful for those new to the forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

HDTV Frequently Asked Questions: Please read this before posting in the forum

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-08-30, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

So unplugging it over night did not do anything. Do you think it is screwed for good?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-08-30, 04:07 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
...or until it's repaired. Sometimes repairs can be a few hundred $ and not as much as replacing the TV. Did you purchase it with a premium credit card? If so, then you could still be under warranty.

FAQ - Extended Warranties

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-08-30, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Its not under warranty anymore. I called samsung last year when this happened and they said they would send someone to repair it but they never did and it went away. Now its back and I called them and they said its my own fault.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-08-30, 04:13 PM

...but if you used a premium credit card, they (the CC company) would extend the warranty by a year, paying for the repair. Did you read the link?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2009-08-30, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

I did not use one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.