Review: A & B Sound - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with this retailer?
Extremely Satisfied 25 53.19%
Somewhat Satisfied 13 27.66%
Somewhat Dissatisfied 6 12.77%
Extremely Dissatisfied 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-04-03, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Member #1

Review: A & B Sound

The purpose of this thread is for Digital Home members to review and relay their experience buying consumers electronics at A&B Sound.

This thread is strictly for reviews and is not for discussion. If you have any questions about what belongs in this thread, then please this thread prior to posting.

When you post, please try to include the following information:
  • What product or service you purchased.
  • Approximate timeframe you ordered the product
  • What location you dealt with if it’s a company with many stores or service locations
  • Your overall level of satisfaction
  • If you had a positive experience, please explain what made it such a positive experience.
  • If you had a negative experience, please read our guidelines below.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-04-04, 12:17 AM

I purchased my Toshiba 52HMX85 at the Edmonton South location and had a very good experience with the sales guy. He cut the bull and gave me a sweet deal that no one would even consider at every other store I checked for this TV. Quick and painless for such a large purchase.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-04-13, 04:53 PM

Here in Edmonton its usually the first place I look, then shop, and always going back to purchase

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-06-19, 12:32 AM

I've bought all of my gear there, very satisfied.

Good discounts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 2007-09-20, 01:46 AM

I bought my Toshiba 32" HD LCD from A&B's Marine Drive outlet in Vancouver about three years ago. My salesperson was Alberto and he gave me excellent service!
When he sold it to me, he gave me his cell number and told me if I had any trouble with it to phone him. It took me all Saturday afternoon to set it up and when I finally turned it on, there was a big blob in the centre of the screen. I phoned him that evening and asked if this was normal and he said it wasn't and he left a family gathering in Vancouver and drove out to our place in Burnaby, in the pouring rain, to check it out.
He took one look and said he would get me a replacement for it which he did and personally drove out to either their Coquitlam or Port Coquitlam store to get it. I picked it up on the Monday and I gave his manager a letter commending Alberto for the excellent service he gave me!
Four weeks later, I noticed they had it on sale for five hundred dollars less than what I paid so I took the ad and my sales slip to their store and they credited my Interac with the $500. If I had gone in one day later, I would probably not be eligible for the refund as they had a 30 day refund policy so I was a pretty happy camper with my whole experience!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 2008-06-26, 01:07 AM

Location: Calgary,Yamaha RX-V559, Panasonic 50PX600U, Infinity Speakers, PS2 w/300GB HD, DCT 6412, Harmony 880
Similar story here in Calgary. Knew I wanted a specific 50" Panasonic Plasma. Shopped around for pricing. Went in, talked with the sales guy there for a bit (and he DEFINITELY knew what he was talking about). Really impressed me. He knocked off the price to $400 cheaper than the best competitor price, didn't try and upsell me on an extended warranty. I was really pleased. They didn't have the TV in stock, so he told me he'd call me when they got it in. I paid, and the day they got it in stock, he called my cell and offered to drive it over to my house in his own personal minivan (still had his kids toys laying all over). He even helped me carry it up some stairs to my living room. I will never shop anywhere else, unless it will save thousands of dollars. I still have his business card.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 2008-06-28, 12:55 PM
Veteran

I've heard rumblings that A & B isn't doing so well again. Hope it ain't true as I also enjoy their stores.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 2008-07-05, 07:18 AM

I don't think they are doing well at all. I went to the North Vancouver location looking for Blu Ray discs and all I could see were about 40 DVD's and that's it. I asked the a sales lady where the BD's were and she said they didn't have any. I couldn't believe it. The store was absolutely dead, with one other customer inside.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 2008-11-18, 03:59 PM

I just heard that they have recently filed for bankruptcy. Seanix just didn't know how to manage (anything). A Vancouver legend has ended and Seanix was a bad match to it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-01-15, 09:42 PM

Location: Sry/Cloverdale, BC Epson 8350 & 110" Screen... Shaw Gateway & 5 Portals... PS-3 & Harmony One
So long A&B

Dead dead dead... what a pity...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-02-06, 12:51 PM
Veteran

I was really disappointed when the two Winnipeg stores closed...

A&B kept the prices down at the other stores...and were extremely easy to deal with...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 2009-02-20, 01:18 AM

Location: Alberta, Yamaha RX-V1700, LG 60" Plasma, BD-F7500, Post Audio & Energy spkrs, Paradigm PDR-12 Sub
I have purchased quite a few products at the Calgary North location as well a few products at the Edmonton south location. And it is very sad that A&B went out of business. I now have to look for a higher end electronics shop to deal with in Edmonton. In my opinion, A&B had such a high end line of products at a very good price compared to places like Future shop, Best Buy, or Visions.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 2011-06-28, 08:31 PM

it might be time to remove this thread as A&B Sound has been out of business for a few years now...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.