Review: Visions Electronics - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with this retailer?
Extremely Satisfied 35 34.31%
Somewhat Satisfied 28 27.45%
Somewhat Dissatisfied 15 14.71%
Extremely Dissatisfied 24 23.53%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 2010-12-18, 02:25 AM
Rookie

I had purchased a Pioneer Car Audio Amplifier from the Visions in Medicine Hat.
I had been running the amp for about 3 months and it died. I brought it back to the store as it was under warranty. They sent it to the manufacturer and I asked for store credit instead of a new one, as why would I want the same one it was a piece.

So I talked with the salesman as to what kind of set up I was running. He said I either needed an $600 amp or preferably $800. My budget was around $200. I found this extremely fishy. I kept the amp and was living in Edmonton at the time. I took it back and the salesman there provided me with a much better amplifier in my price range.

Just a side note. The 3 times I went to Visions. Purchase, return, attempted credit sale. There were about 5 sales guy all chatting at the front desk. While I was the only customer in the store. It took them about 10-25 minutes before I was helped. PATHETIC.

I will never deal with Visions in Medicine Hat ever again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-01-08, 07:24 PM
Rookie

Never will buy Visions Extended Warranty Ever Again!

We purchased a $4000 LG TV from Visions in 2009. Within 6 months the TV failed so it was covered under the manufactuerer warranty and it was promptly replaced.

The new LG TV got a red/dot/splatter problem within 8 months...now Visions is telling us the replacement TV is only got a 6 month warranty (not 1 full year from the manufactuer) because they replace the TV and they are counting it from the ORIGINAL TV we purchased.

We had bought the $800 extended warranty so now we had to deal with Visions repair for the red dot problem. They sent out some repair people who tried to fix it on site. Complained it was bad reception cable. Then left.

Still the problem was not fixed. We waited another 3 weeks for Visions to send out another repair company. Instead they send out the first Bozos. This time they take the TV. We were without it for 6 weeks (no loaner given). Finally they bring back the TV and the red/dot problem is solved. WOW!

2 months later we start getting horizontal red stripes appearing on the top of the TV. Back to Visions. This is our 3rd repair. Instead of replacing it under the "lemon clause" they want to fix it...again. Same Bozos from before.

The guy comes out and can't fix it, says its the power supply and Visions will give us a replacement TV. We wait another 6 weeks.

Now finally Visions says we can have a NEW LG TV...but the model we have is now changed and they will give us the LOWER MODEL retailing for about $1500. We paid $4000 and Visions replaces it with a $1500 TV with no PicNPic, and several lesser features.

We don't want that TV so we ask if we can upgrade. They agree to give us a $1200 credit for our $4000 18 mo old TV! Now lets do the math:

We paid an extra $800 for the TV warranty and Visions gives us a $1200 credit = $400 is what they are valuing our TV. We had to pay an extra $2000 on top of the $1200 credit just to get the TV with the same features as our old LG. This time we purchased Panasonic TV.

We will never purchase Visions Extended Warranty ever again. They jerk you around with the repairs, and then give you the depreciated value of your TV. Better to go to Future Shop who will replace your TV with no quesitons asked.
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-01-18, 02:10 PM
Rookie

Thumbs down Visions wpg- took our money and didn't tell us item was unavailable!!!!

VISIONS TOOK OUR MONEY AND WHEN THEY COULDN'T GET THE PRODUCT IN IT SEEMS THEY HAD NO INTENTION OF TELLING US!!! SEEMS THEY WERE JUST GOING TO KEEP THE MONEY AND SEE WHAT WE DID!!!!

My 12 year old daughter went to the Regent Ave, Winnipeg store on Boxing Day and purchased a Newbook for $288.00 with her Christmas cash. She was told it would be 3 weeks until it came in and they would call when it was in.She has patiently waited and yesterday was 3 weeks.

I called today and they could not locate my phone number in the system using my telephone number. The bill I received has the invoice number cut off (I assume it was printed above the perforation line).

I spoke to the manager of that area (Christina) and was told that right after Christmas they were told by the manufacturer that they cannot get them any more. When I asked why I wasn't called she didn't know why. She offered me the display model however my daughter paid for one in a new box and I refused.

She went to speak to her manager and I asked that she put him on the phone. SHE came back and said she would call other stores for a new one and call me back.

She called back and said there wasn't any but she would give me the display one for $40 off or I could have my money back on a debit or credit card. I said I would like cash and she said she can't do that. I asked to speak to her manager.

He got on the phone and said it was the first he was hearing of this and there was nothing he could do about it. There was no way he could give my daughter cash back. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE, IF THE ITEM IS NOT AVAILABLE THEY WILL NOT CONTACT YOU!!!!

post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-03-11, 01:14 PM
Rookie

crowfoot visions F U attitude

had a positive experience with visions after SOUNDS AROUND gave me the run around.. It was SOUNDS AROUND that gave me the F U attitude not visions...

Last edited by concerned; 2011-03-11 at 03:05 PM.
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-03-11, 03:20 PM
Veteran

I have always had excellent service at Visions. I try to buy all of my Audio visual equipment from there.

I agree with concerned about Soundsaround. I would never shop here
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-03-12, 02:51 AM
Veteran

Visions is lame and has a weird in-house warranty. It might work OK but as the buyer you take your chances... The terms of the warranty favor Visions, so unless they are feeling friendly at the time you make your claim, you could be disappointed.

BUT, to the person whose $4000 Picture-in-picture TV was slated to be replaced by a $1200 model without P-I-P, that's not really Visions fault. That is probably a realistic representation of how the TV market has changed over the years.

Recently manufacturers flipped to 'recession' style product design in which they slashed features and extras like P-I-P. Picture in picture has been all but eliminated. Keep in mind a current $1200 TV probably has higher resolution, with better processing and inputs than your prior set.
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-03-16, 10:50 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neild View Post
Visions is lame and has a weird in-house warranty. It might work OK but as the buyer you take your chances... The terms of the warranty favor Visions, so unless they are feeling friendly at the time you make your claim, you could be disappointed.
Doesn't all extended warranties favor the retailer? I don't think Vision's is unique in this. In fact the one thing that is different is that if yuo don't use the extended warranty, you get it back in store credit. I had to use the Visions extended warranty on my Toshiba DLP TV I bought in, I think 2005. Anyway, it was eventually replaced by a newer Toshiba model, which was slightly larger and better features. No hassles from Visions at all, on using the extended warranty.
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-03-16, 12:32 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshel101 View Post
Doesn't all extended warranties favor the retailer? I don't think Vision's is unique in this. In fact the one thing that is different is that if yuo don't use the extended warranty, you get it back in store credit. I had to use the Visions extended warranty on my Toshiba DLP TV I bought in, I think 2005. Anyway, it was eventually replaced by a newer Toshiba model, which was slightly larger and better features. No hassles from Visions at all, on using the extended warranty.
Actually, yes Visions warranties are unique. Most other warranty programs are handled by a third party, not the retailer. Most other warranties have written terms and conditions that cover most of the expected scenarios and state up front what the policies and procedures are.

To cut costs, Visions has chosen to cook up their their own warranty which is very different than most other retailers. That lets them make their own rules, but puts the customer at more risk.

That loophole does open up the hypothetical possibility that since they make their own rules, they might at a future date decide to go above and beyond for the customer... though personally I highly doubt that would happen since I can't picture an aggressive retailer doing anything that's counter to their own short term interests.

It's your choice, but I feel it's a case of the customer taking on more risk but not getting much advantage other than a dice roll chance of beating some long odds later on.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-04-22, 02:26 AM
Rookie

Bought 2 televisions from Visions, a Sharp Aquos 52" E77 Series and a Sony Bravia 46" EX500. Buying the Sharp was a painless process, gave it to us at a lower price than listed.

Used a warranty rebate towards the Bravia. However it seems that Futureshop has now beaten the price by $70. And of course with us owning it within 15 days, we're going to try to take advantage of price matching (5%) since we could return it for a full refund.

Think we'll be able to pull it off while using the rebate since the rebate does state sale or tag price only? Would be contradictory to their price match policy if they didn't (loop hole).
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-05-03, 11:30 PM
Rookie

Bought a sumsung 55" TV,onkyo 7.2 home theater system and 8 pair of car speaker in marine drive ,Vancouver for the past 5 years,and i am impress and satisfy in the retail store.....however,I do feel extremely disappointed,insulted and get rid off by the guy called " Dan " their installation centre today.....he is totally unprofessional and rough to the customer "me".Very lack of knowledge and bad manner but know to collect supreme charge...$50 for a 5mins job plus without able and suggestion to fix the problem.He is the worst customer service guy i have seen in my retail experience.I would definitely to fire him immediately if i am boss there who care customer...
my conclusion is he has burnt the bridge in my confident on vision..
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-05-28, 04:23 PM
Rookie

Unhappy Dishonest Edmonton West Location

Bought 47" SHARP Aquos LCD w. ONKYO 5.1 surround, receiver, for $2100 with 4 year warranty. Best deal we found, bought ~2 y.a.
Bought 2 car stereos and had install on one of the two done in-store, no problems, very good pricing, did a great job on install.
Bought ACER laptop to run software in-car, store model, great deal also.

Great prices on everything we got. Their downfall is the sales staff who will tell you anything you want to hear. We had problems with credit card being overcharged on one of the purchases and when we returned to the store to fix the problem it was a >>TOTAL<< gong-show. Sales staff was totally clueless and could not do basic math.....but manager fixed the problem quickly. Also had a problem with staff offering deals on merchandise that they did not follow through on at the check out. After having issues with almost every purchase here, we will be taking our business elsewhere. The hassles we've had are not worth the savings! Very slimy!!
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-07-28, 05:22 PM
Rookie

Question Visions Customer Protection Plan

"Visions Electronics offers the best price protection guarantee in the business, period!" It is unfortunate that this plan has also listed Exceptions to "Limited Quantity" products. In this case I purchased a Sony KDL46EX720 on line July 22, 2011 at a "Limited Quantity" price of $1498.00. When their new listings appeared on Thursday July 28, 2011 the same tv was advertised at a "Limited Quantity" price of $1398.00. The non-refundable $100.00 has prompted me to post this and as I told Customer Service, as well as my friends, I won't be dealing with them in the future.
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-07-29, 07:22 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up Good News!

Yesterday's Post

Visions Electronics offers the best price protection guarantee in the business, period!" It is unfortunate that this plan has also listed Exceptions to "Limited Quantity" products. In this case I purchased a Sony KDL46EX720 on line July 22, 2011 at a "Limited Quantity" price of $1498.00. When their new listings appeared on Thursday July 28, 2011 the same tv was advertised at a "Limited Quantity" price of $1398.00. The non-refundable $100.00 has prompted me to post this and as I told Customer Service, as well as my friends, I won't be dealing with them in the future.

Today - July 29, 2011

No problem, Visions Electronics Online gladly refunded the $100.00 + GST.
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 2011-12-17, 02:38 PM
Rookie

Visions Rebate Contradiction

I have just applied for the rebate. It has been more than 30 days since the warranty expired. The problem is, the Visions web site states:

"Please note: Your Extended Service Plan must be expired for at least 30 days (to ensure no claim is made against your warranty) prior to filling out this form"

However, the sales receipt rebate disclaimer states:

"Applications for a rebate credit must be made within 30 days of the Plan's expiry date."

This means there is NO valid period in which to apply....

Will be interesting to see what their response will be.
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 2012-02-21, 11:18 PM
Rookie

Visions ripped me off! Horrible service...

I bought a 1000 watt jl amp that had to get ordered in. They told me it would take 2 weeks at the very most to come in, it took 3 and a half weeks... At the same time i bought 2 12" kicker subs and a wiring kit. The subs were in the encloser that you can get with the subs at visions. I did the wiring myself, only took 3 hours, saved $250. I then tried to play the subs (i let them warm up, turned them up slowly). Turns out, the left sub in the box was blown when they gave it to me. I then called them demanding another sub and they said there was nothing they could do, i mean they were really trying to rip me off because they said i could only get it replaced if i had it installed for the $250. So now i have to wait at least another 2 weeks to mail the sub across the country, and i'll probably just get a new one anyway. So i dont see why they couldnt have just givin me a new sub and taken the one that THEY broke so i could at least get a new one sooner. Bottom line is, the customer service at this visions in Red Deer, Alberta is horrible. I have heard many other complaints about this visions on other websites as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.