Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Mac Mini as HTPC
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 2012-02-18, 12:15 PM
envirogeek

Location: Calgary - Shaw phone/internet, OTA attic / Pigeon Lake - CCI Wireless, VoIP.ms, OTA, FTA, LTSS
Couple of other comments...

The HD Home Run needs it's own antenna, Ethernet cable and power. It is a small box that can go anywhere that works for you.

If you haven't checked out the OTA forum yet, make sure you do and download the antenna chart.

When you go to connect the Mini to the Sony, if you don't find a common resolution and scan rate on each device that you like, do a search for the SwitchResX utility. Been around for years and still being updated for Lion.

Since you said you can put your router in the living room, I'm assuming that means you would be moving it from where it is currently? Are you on cable or dsl? This implies to me there is some kind of cable in the walls you may be able to reuse.

If on cable Internet, and if you were pulling the plug on cable tv altogether, you might be able to park the router where the cable enters your condo, leave the the HDR there, then split antenna over the inwall cable to the other rooms.

Sounds like you're getting things figured out, I think you'll be happy with the results.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome