Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

El Capitan, Mail and clickable URLs

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ExRobotGuy 
#1 ·
For many years now, I could paste an URL in a Mail message, hit return and it would turn blue and become clickable for the recipient.

Is this true for all you Mac users?

In the new OS 10.11 that doesn't happen. I've looked for a preference that needed selecting but found nothing alluding this problem.

When I searched this problem on the Intertubes I got hints about CMD-K, SHIFT-click etc.??? I never had to do anything, previously, except as explained above.

Have I gone mad??

Please help.

#2 ·
I use Outlook as my client and that works for me (return after pasting). I believe it does not work if you have selected plain text instead of HTML. Your e-mail may default to plain text if that's how an e-mail was sent to you and you are replying, or if the "options" in Mail got changed to plain text instead of HTML.

#3 ·
I'm still on yosemite but do you just paste the link in or use the edit add link ?Perhaps that might work .
Select the text in your message you want to turn into a link, choose Edit > Add Link, then type a URL for the link.

For example, select the text “Go to the Apple website,” then enter the URL “www.apple.com” to make the text a link that opens the Apple website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.