Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know/heard when Fibe 2.1 is coming out?

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 2011-11-30, 10:58 AM
Dr.Dave

I think Bell is confusing the issue. I think Fibe TV 2.1 is just a package of enhancements - it isn't Mediaroom 2.1.

Here's some info from the Bell support site:

http://support.bell.ca/en-on/Fibe_TV...oftware_update

Quote:
Following the update, you’ll notice a completely redesigned interface with an enhanced on-screen programming guide. It also includes new and improved features that will let you:
  • Watch and record more HD shows – now up to three – at the same time.
  • Scroll through the on-screen programming guide while your favourite shows play in the background
  • Sort live TV by genres (entertainment, movies, sports, news, lifestyle etc.).
What to expect

Two separate updates will be delivered to your Fibe TV receiver overnight and should not require any action on your part.

The first update will add the new search by genre feature.
The second update will add the 3-HD stream and update the user interface.
Telus has been supporting 3HD where distance permits for quite a while. MTS and Telus have also supported "categories" in Mediaroom 2.0 which sounds like the same feature as "genres".

It sounds like Bell is updating the interface and doing the 3HD upgrade as separate steps. It might take a few days to get both updates done.

Since 3HD requires higher speed lines than 2HD, it's possible that not everyone will be able to get that feature. I don't know if that's the case, but I'm just pointing out the possibility.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome