Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

LG TV USB problem

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  17671 
#1 ·
Heya
I have a question related to LG LCD TV about the USB. I have a 37 inch LCD TV but i dont have the usb menu and on the back it says '' service only'' . I want to use the usb to plug in a usb stick and watch movies that i previously downloaded but the problem is that i cant access the flash memory ( USB ) . I think i need to go to the service menu and allow that manually. I tried holding ok and ok on the tv but nothing happens . The same with ''menu''. I will be really happy if someone helps me . Please, Thank you

#8 ·
There have been reports of people entering the service menu (possible with the rogers remote) and enabling a op code that will activate the usb menu.

I'd like to give a big warning to this, as most of the informaiton on the internet describing how to do this is targeted for the european market, and a lot of the information on there if followed will brick your tv. I know because I used to be actively participating on those discussions and wanted the usb menu on my tv only to decide its not worth bricking my tv for.

In the end, my blue ray player has a functional usb port that supports way more video formats than the tv would so I now play my media through my blue ray players usb port just as if i was watching a high devinition movie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.