Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Sharp Aquos LC60LE632U No Input Selection Available problem

63K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  s0berage 
#1 ·
Having some problems with our Sharp Aquos LC60LE632U 60" LED TV.

Here is the setup

Cable from wall > Rogers HD Box IN
HDMI from Rogers HD Box > Back of TV HDMI 1 input

worked fine for first few weeks, now all of a sudden when we turn on our TV we usually get the message "No Input Signal Available". The remote control then doesn't work, we can't change the input or anything on remote. Meanwhile, the cable is still on, but that message appears over it. We have to shut the tv off then turn on again and hope it went away.
And the only way to shut tv power off is by the controls on side of tv. When we hit menu or input on side of tv, they don't do anything as well, just power works.

As if that wasn't enough, now it sometimes pops up the menu automatically and starts scrolling through all the menu options, repeatedly... just goes crazy by itself.

I did a software update... downloaded latest version and installed, still does all this.

I contacted Sharp Canada and here's what they said

Normally that error means that you need to a channel search, however with these new units there is no need when you select STB(set top box) during the itial setup. I recommend to check the connection itself, make sure that it is not loose. If it is secure, I recommend switching the INPUTs that is being used. Please advise your findings.
of course I did all that, I even removed the HDMI and hooked it up via Component Cables. Seemed ok at first, then 2nd day or so started doing same thing, No Input Selection Available.

So I'm thinking maybe it's looking for cable, so I hooked up cable out from rogers box to cable in to tv.... did a channel search in the menu, it found the channels, so when on TV input there is channels, and then I just switch it to HDMI 1 input and get the HD TV. Well that only worked for a few hours, as soon as I shut tv off and turned on again the No Input Signal Available message appeared again. Then sometimes when I turn tv on it goes straight to TV Input (Not HDMI 1) and starts scrolling by itself through all the channels, crazy! I then removed the TV input setting so doesnt show up or go to that input, but same thing.

Anyone have this "No Input Signal Available" message and have a fix for it??? I think my TV is just gone nuts and returning it back to the store to replace..... I give up.

See less See more
#2 ·
The remote control then doesn't work...We have to shut the tv off then turn on again and hope it went away.
Have you rebooted the Rogers STB?

If yes, then definitely seems like a software crash. My guess is that the HDMI handshake is problematic

Have you tried a blu-ray player or DVD player on HDMI input #1 just to see if its physically working?

I would try a BR player if you could because it will have to handshake with the TV.

#4 ·
If the DVD worked fine on input #1 then the physical connection appears fine and assuming you used the same HDMI cable then the cable is fine.

Did you try the Rogers STB on other inputs as advised by Sharp?

#5 ·
I had a sort of similar issue when my TV would do things like that...it was the side of the TV rubbing up against the wall of the entertainment unit and pressing the buttons when it shook a bit from people walking around...I had a tight fit.

Your issue with the remote then not working seems a bit more serious though. Make sure none of the side buttons are jammed.

#7 ·
You have to test another device using HDMI on the inputs. Using an analog signal is not going to help you.

You need to determine if the problem is the STB or the TV.

#8 ·
well I tried the Component Cables (YBG) from the HD Box to TV and that did the same issues.

Never had problems with the HD Box.... was only the TV giving me issues.

I dont think my DVD has HDMI input (kinda older unit) will check later today when i am home tho.

I can try connecting my laptop PC to the tv using HDMI if that tells me anything

Or I can just try unhooking the Rogers STB HD Box and go cable to TV only and see how that works, if gives me no problems then maybe it is a STB box issue.

#9 ·
My guess is that its your TV but you`ll never know until you have done some basic troubleshooting to isolate the problem.

#10 ·
well... the USB worked fine to watch video.... the PC input worked fine to watch video from my laptop. The DVD worked fine with basic cables.

Its happening with both HDMI and Component Video from the Rogers box.

I'm gonna try removing the STB box... see if that No Input Selection Available appears.... if it does, then I know it's not a STB box problem, more likely a TV issue.

Just, if it was a Rogers STB problem, wouldnt the box act all weird and not the tv??? The tv goes through the menu options all crazy and stuff on its own.... not the Rogers box.

Will keep you posted.

Btw it's the Rogers Cisco 8642HD PVR box (160gig) if that means anything.

#11 ·
here's the 2nd reply I got from Sharp this morning....

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Try this and see if it helps. First unplug the television from the wall. Then remove the batteries from the remote control and hold the power button on the remote for 1 minute. Reinstall the batteries in the remote and plug back in the television. Press the TV button under the power button to be sure the remote is in TV mode. Let us know if you still have problems.

#12 ·
Waitaminute! It's happening with BOTH Component and HDMI? And the TV worked fine with the computer via HDMI as well? Now it sounds like the STB box itself might be pooched!

Try connecting the computer to the TV on the same HDMI port as the cable box. If THAT works fine, then you know for sure it's the cable box.

And see if the TV is still acting crazy without the cable box. If it is, then maybe your TV is pooched as well. It's rare that two devices can fail at the same time, but it does happen.

#14 ·
Waitaminute! It's happening with BOTH Component and HDMI?
Yes, and I then unhooked the Rogers box, connected the cable from wall directly to back of tv, same thing! No Input Selection Available and remote is frozen, only thing that works is power on the side of tv, even the menu/input/channel/volume buttons on the tv wont do anything.

Called store where I bought it, they ordering a new circuit board or something then when comes in will send a tech out next week. Under warranty still

but geez what a pain in the ass.

Will let ya know how it goes after they look and replace the board.

thanks guys for your suggestions and help!

#15 ·
update

update: sharp tech came out today, they ordered me a new keypad (side of tv) and when he removed the cover, we saw that the wire was being pinched underneath, therfore caused the problems. Would scroll thru menu automatically, lock the remote, no input signal message always showing...

he replaced the board anyways, but whole problem was the wire leading into the keypad was pinched down under a plastic part...

well I guess better than replacing entire main board.

Anyways, problem solved, matter of 5 minutes, lol.

#18 ·
RE: lock up of video playing using USB drives

update: sharp tech came out today, they ordered me a new keypad (side of tv) and when he removed the cover, we saw that the wire was being pinched underneath, therfore caused the problems. Would scroll thru menu automatically, lock the remote, no input signal message always showing...

he replaced the board anyways, but whole problem was the wire leading into the keypad was pinched down under a plastic part...

well I guess better than replacing entire main board.

Anyways, problem solved, matter of 5 minutes, lol.
Are you noticing any lock up of video playing using USB drives on this model? Not trying to hijack your thread, but you should consider my threads issues with your TV. It's always good to compare notes! :D

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=158324

#17 ·
"No Input Selection Available" fix

Hi Raider, Just wanted to post a thank you for the last update regarding your "Input Selection" problem. My TV had the identical problem and when I pulled the back cover off, sure enough there were two pinched wires that were grounding out to the TV frame. All I had to do was tape them up and reposition them away from the little plastic 'crimper' that was squeezing them to the metal TV frame. Problem gone, big thanks again!

zug64

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.