Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Apple's media event - October 4th??

4K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  Proteosome 
#1 ·
Apparently Tim Cook is holding Apple's media event on October 4th to announce the iPhone 5.0. I hope they also announce the IOS 5 release date. Not sure if this is official yet. All Things Digital has reported this.

#2 ·
#4 ·
jshel101, I highly doubt it.

Analysts are saying the demand for iPhone 5 will be huge so my guess is that Apple will stagger the roll out across countries. While shortages cause buzz, Apple doesn't need it anymore so I'm sure they would prefer to keep demand more in line with supply.

#5 ·
There's two things I want from this. iOS 5 and the iPhone 5 announcement (simply so the iPhone 4 drops in price). I'm in need of a new phone (currently have the original iPhone), plan to buy the iPhone 4, and don't want to get into a contract so I'm buying outright. Does anyone have any experience with how long a new model is out before the old one drops in price?

#14 ·
FYI, I have created an iPhone 5 discussion thread that I'll open up after the event begins for folks to discuss what is actually announced.

#15 ·
Based on what I've heard and/or read, regardless of whether they call it a 4S or 5, the phone will look pretty much the same - same size and shape. What will change will be : dual processor, more memory and 8MP camera.

The real focus will be on IOS, iCloud, etc....the phone itself is becoming less and less interesting...

#16 ·
That is the funny thing with rumors. People tend to believe them. I heard that the 5 will be a total redesign. There are so many rumors out there, that we won't know the truth until the event today. I am waiting until then before I comment on what is announced.

There is already talk on the iPhone 6 out there.

#21 ·
New Nano's and iPod touch.

Now a White iPod touch. 8GB is now $199, 32GB for $299, 64GB for $399. Available on october 12th.

iCloud also out Oct 12th.

#22 ·
iphone 4S announced with A5 chip

4S will offer eight hours of 3G talk time. Six hours of browsing, nine on WiFi. 10 hours of video, and 40 hours of music.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.