ON - Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Brantford, Haldimand - Page 154 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #2296 of 2302 (permalink) Old 2017-08-23, 02:06 PM
Rookie

I have been having problems with CFTO as well, it may be LTE interference, where did you get your LTE filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2297 of 2302 (permalink) Old 2017-08-23, 02:20 PM

LTE band interference doesn't seem likely on VHF channel 9. Unless you're extremely close (<100m) of a transmitter.

DMX 68' tower, HyGain HAM 5 rotator, Antennas Direct DB8e & C5, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Siemens surge protection. TiVo Roamio DVR
post #2298 of 2302 (permalink) Old 2017-08-23, 06:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcinc2 View Post
I have been having problems with CFTO as well, it may be LTE interference, where did you get your LTE filter.
Channel Master.

post #2299 of 2302 (permalink) Old 2017-08-23, 06:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase88 View Post
LTE band interference doesn't seem likely on VHF channel 9. Unless you're extremely close (<100m) of a transmitter.
About 200 metres from my house stands a 10 storey building with many cell transmitters on top; it sits directly in the path of the CN tower.

If this isn't causing any interference, I'm not sure what is...

Nevertheless, putting in the LTE filter has made 9 rock solid as mentioned, and has also brought in another VHF channel - CKCO 13, even with the antenna aimed east.
post #2300 of 2302 (permalink) Old 2017-10-01, 02:33 PM
Rookie

Well it seems to me the the LTE filter is helping keep a lock on CTV. So that is good. Has anyone noticed that 15.4 is broadcasting it's only colour bars and info but I wonder if CHCH is going to add some channels.

John
post #2301 of 2302 (permalink) Old 2017-11-11, 11:56 AM
Rookie

DB8e Reception Results Update - Hamilton Mountain

Since August when I put up a DB8e, Antennacraft 5Y713, Channel Master LTE filter, Channel Master 4-port drop amp, up on a 40 foot tower, and with the aim fixed east toward Grand Island, reception results have been very stable over the late summer and fall. Here are the channels that are rock solid no matter the conditions:

2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 17, 19, 23, 25, 26, 29, 35, 36, 41.

The following channels are pretty close to 24/7, with the odd time during part of the night, maybe a couple times (days) over the last few months when the channel would go black; usually a heavy tropo event:

13, 40, 47, 49, 57. Granted, these channels could be permanently pulled in if the antenna was re-aimed directly toward the transmitting tower.

The channel 42 CTV2 repeater out of Fonthill comes in most of the time, but since 35 is also a CTV2 repeater, no worries about trying to re-aim/trying to get it.

Next would be WBBZ (7) which comes in at night, probably 3 times a week.

Last would be 51 (ION), which comes in maybe once a week at night, more so during the warmer weather, probably more of a tropo channel being over 90 miles away.

Overall, continued to be pleased with results. The DB8e was the trick in getting 29 (WUTV), and the LTE filter really helped in getting stable VHF reception.

Might add in another LTE filter to see if WBBZ would be more frequent, it will pixelate even though the strength is decent.

Other than that, not much else to tinker with.

We'll see how things go over the winter months.
post #2302 of 2302 (permalink) Old 2017-11-11, 02:35 PM
Veteran

At my house I try to filter both FM radio signals and 700 MHz LTE signals.
7 * 108 = 756 MHz
8 * 92 = 736 MHz
9 * 88 = 792 MHz
7* 105 = 734 MHz

Start mixing all them combinations with strong TV frequencies and you can imagine all the mathematical possibilities.

DB4E/VHF Yagi rotor FM Bandstop ap-8700 preamp 4way split LG lcd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.