Iím a newbie to this antenna business, so if it appears like I donít know how all this OTA tv antenna stuff works thatís why.
Also, Iím not that good at working this forum stuff. I had trouble just posting this question.
I would like to install an antenna at my condominium. Iíve read some information online but I figure it canít hurt to ask a pro to help me out.
I liked the following link http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/siting.html
because of the easier to understand images/drawings.
I got this Winegard HD7078P recommendation from the following link OTA Antenna Chart/Tableau des Meilleures Antennes OTA - 17/05/2014
And this if my TV Fool report link http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0b8621e4d0212c
Iím at the intersection of Hunt Club Road and Conroy Road in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (Postal Code K1G-5P6).
If you need to see a picture of these 3 story Terrace Homes youíll have to go to Google.maps.ca and have a look from there because Iím having trouble uploading the photos from my camera to photobucket.com.
Is there a relatively easy way to get someone over to my place and have them go up onto the roof and take some sort of reading on what the best
1) type of antenna for me?
2) size of antenna for me? (smaller is better)
3) and acceptable location on the roof to get the best signal?
4) Any other type of equipment that may be required, (like amplifiers, filters, motors, special cable)?
Because Iím in a Condominium Complex I need permission to put up an antenna, so I would like whatever antenna thatís recommended to go on the Western side of the roof, positioned in such a way as to conceal it from view from the most likely places that it may be seen from.
1) For example, if youíre driving into the Briston Private condo complex you canít see it.
2) If youíre walking/bicycling along the bicycle path you canít see it.
3) If youíre one of my neighbors in the apartment block behind us hopefully it wonít be Too Noticeable.
I figure if the antenna isn't too big if I could get it installed on the roof relatively close the the eaves troughs, so that it doesn't leave a big silhouette up in the sky.
Even if I only get the local stations here Iíll consider this a success, to me local means CBC, CJOH, CTV2, Global? maybe, City Tv maybe?,
I almost forgot, if this antenna could pick up FM radio stations that would be a nice bonus.