ON - Ottawa, Vanier, Gloucester, Orleans - OTA - Page 149 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #2221 of 2224 (permalink) Old 2018-01-13, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare978devil View Post
Ah right. Yes, absolutely, tuners at BB convert digital to analog. I am just looking for a tuner because my new TV does not have one. I don't need a DVR, I never record anything. I need a tuner capable of decoding ATSC digital broadcasts captured by my CM4228 and displaying them on my new TV which only has HDMI inputs. Any suggestions? I'll look into the Homeworx, and maybe I can get my hands on the DVR+. Sounds like it would fit the bill. I don't need a guide either (I assume you mean onscreen TV guide?), I only get about a dozen channels and generally watch only 3 (CTV, TVO, and CBC). So whichever unit can handle the signal with no other features necessary.

Thanks.
You'll find the Homeworx satisfies your needs. I installed one for a friend as a tuner for an HD projector. Unfortunately, it died after about a year, but the repacement has lasted longer, so far.

On the other hand, I've had a DVR + for over three years, and it's performed flawlessly. I'm very pleased with it. I guess you get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2224 (permalink) Old 2018-01-15, 09:20 PM
Rookie

Holy smokes. I put those into Amazon.ca. I can get a Homeworx tuner with HDMI out capable of 1080p for about 50 bucks. A Channel Master branded tuner goes for $650! The only reason I wanted to get a tuner was to avoid fighting with the kids when I wanted to watch CBC (sorry kids, the basement TV is the only one with a tuner, you have to go upstairs). But you have gotten me to the right place. Looks like a Homeworx or Proscan is the best bang for the buck. Tks!
post #2223 of 2224 (permalink) Old 2018-01-15, 09:54 PM
Rookie

Thanks. Ordered the Homeworx 180 (new edition) on Amazon. Arrives Weds, that should fit the bill.

post #2224 of 2224 (permalink) Old Today, 01:10 PM
Rookie

Received the Homeworx and got it all set up. Works like a charm. Get about 15 channels from my rooftop antenna in HD. Remote works just fine, quickly changes channel. Comes up with what is currently on screen, and what is coming up next in a box at the bottom for a few seconds. I never record anything, so won't be trying out the PVR functions, but happy with the purchase so far.

One thing of note; the Homeworx is incredibly cheap feeling. It weighs almost nothing. The box feels like thin cheap plastic, I was actually nervous handling it because it feels so flimsy. I was so surprised at the lack of weight that I had my son come over and hold it. I am sure there is a single green board inside, and that's it. I have it sitting on top of an Xbox360 (not on the vent), but I think I will move it to where it won't come in contact with anything else. Other than that, it does actually work and the picture is clear.

Tags
antenna , dtv , installation , ota , samsung , screenshot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.