Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums - View Single Post - How to properly align your satellite dish - Discussion and Tips
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 2004-11-03, 03:19 AM
jgvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeicht
just got my 6100 system, i have a 3100 system that was previously installed professionally...now i just removed the coax cable from the 3100 and connected the 6100....problem is i cant see satellite 82 on the 6100, i then reconnected the 3100 and i can see both sats 82 and 91....what should i do to see both satellites on the 6100?? the HD channels look awful, pretty much like SD channels. could it be because im only getting feed from one satellite?...i have a toshiba 52hmx84 DLP by the way...
Sounds to me that since you didn't mention that you just got a 6120 system, that you are possibly not using a dual LNB with your dish.

Transponders are the individual transmitters on the satellite, and the setting for satellite reception is "off-air". I think that since you mentioned you formerly had a 3100 system with no mention of changing the dish setup, that this is what is wrong with your set up.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome