I'll be speaking with their top people next week to reiterate this message, so if you have any specific points you want me to raise I will do so.
As already mentioned, their web site is mangled, and has been since the move. At least it's better than the beginning of December (no listings at all!). Current problems on the web site:
- "Premieres" lists November movies (did nothing premiere in December)
- Movie Central listings for HD are useless (there is no distinction between HD1 and HD2). We don't have HD2 in Shaw, so listing both channels, without indicating which is which...useless.
- same problem for the HD printable schedule (pdf)
- Move Central "What's on" listing is off by almost four hours! Ever since the move, this has been broken (at times by two or three hours, now it's four). The time is specified at the top of the listings. At 12:50 PM MT, it says "4:34 pm MT Sunday December 17, 2006"
- Movie Central listings no longer indicate premieres "P" and final showings "F"
- the alphabetical list of movies does not correlate to movies currently available. It too could be from November.
- movie synopsis and scheduled dates no longer display when clicking on the movie title. From the schedule at least the problem is acknowledged in the dialog: We apologize, this information is not available right now
we are working to restore it presently. However, the HD logo is always displayed, regardless of whether it was an HD selection. From the alphabetical list, the dialog is empty aside from the MC logo...
All in the all, the website has been completely awful since the move.
See this thread
for additional move related issues.
My main complaint with MC is their lack of quality movies (especially in HD), and they have too many series shows for my liking. In addition to the quality movies or big budget movies I already mentioned in this post,
here's a few more HD omissions:
- In Good Company
It's not all negative though. I do appreciate the inclusion of some older movies on MC HD (e.g. Throw Momma from the Train, Moonstruck, No Way Out, Rain Man, etc.).
As mentioned with recent movies though, there are plenty of holes in the MC HD schedule. Too many titles appear on only MC1-4 without appearing on MC HD.
To this point I haven't cancelled MC. Yet. Definitely leaning that way once Sopranos ends (already cancelled MC when season 6 ended). A more complete HD schedule would make the difference.
Thanks again Neild. Hopefully this gets to people that can address the issues.