Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Need Help Finding TV Commercials

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  RAF63 
#1 ·
I'm hoping someone on here can help me locate a few of TV Commercials. I've searched all over youtube and elsewhere on-line but can't find them anywhere at all. Been looking several months on end for these.

Canadian Tire Christmas TV Commercial featuring Talking Dog called Gilbert. This aired back in 2005. He was only around for 1 Christmas. I believe there's 1-2 of these Ads. He says such slogans as "I Smell Gifts" and "I have a nose for value". In either this Ad or possibly the other he says the line of "Nothing For Moi" in reference to no Christmas gifts for himself. In addition to not being able find these there's no mention of Gilbert ever actually existing. It's as if Canadian Tire has erased his entire existence.

I've also tried contacting Canadian Tire directly asking them but they gave me 2 different stories. First, they told me they can't access them but then tell me they can't seem to locate them for some reason. Rather strange considering their much older TV Ads are all on-line.

Home Depot TV Commercial featuring Cartoon Dancing Black Cat. He's only seen a few seconds during Ad in which he's Dancing. It looks like Cat from Old Cartoon like Walt Disney. I'm actually led to believe it was Felix The Cat, according to someone who replied to post on Reddit from someone else also looking for this Commercial too. This was 1 of the TV Ads from "Lets Do This" slogan. This aired back in 2014/2015.

Once again, i've tried contacting Home Depot directly asking but was told how all the Commercials/Ads are "proprietary and unable to be shared" bit. They wouldn't even at least tell me identify of Cat. I also tried posting, asking this on Home Depot Community message forum but the 2 employees who replied seemed to think it was Fox, which it clearly isn't. Someone else on Reddit remembers this Ad/Cat. It's not a case of me wrong at all.

Found this Home Depot TV Commercial, which has this exact Music that plays during TV Ad i'm trying to locate with Dancing Cartoon Cat.

There's a series of TV Ads with Old Cartoon clips such as this one.

0:19 mark

As I mentioned above someone else posted looking for this on Reddit too:

[TOMT][TV Commercial]Home Depot commercial from the past year with a dancing animated black cat (looks like the one from the old Walt Disney cartoons). Either Canadian or American. (self.tipofmytongue)

submitted 1 year ago by my-other-car-is-a-__

Title says it all. It's driving my husband crazy trying to find it again. Not really sure why he can't just let it go but it is what it is. :)

I can't find the commercial itself, but I know the cat is from an old cartoon series (not Disney), called Felix the Cat.

I did find an image of Felix, though:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Felix_the_cat.svg

[–]my-other-car-is-a-__ 1 point 1 year ago

I honestly don't remember the commercial (I vaguely recall him telling me to watch it when it was on) so I don't remember the cat. He's pretty big on Disney so I figured he had the cat part right. I thought it was this cat he was talking about

I'll do more searching with Felix as a key word instead. Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmyton...mttv_commercialhome_depot_commercial_from_the

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to confirm whether Dancing Cat is Felix The Cat or not.

Surely, someone on here has to remember these.

See less See more
#4 ·
That's exactly what Home Depot said when I posted asking about this on their message forum. I remember Cartoon Wolf but that's not it. There was a series of several commercials with old cartoon footage. I can remember Cat as clear as day but for whatever reason, I can't find the Ad or any evidence of it. I'm unsure if it was Felix or not and just going off what someone said on Reddit who was familiar with it

As I mentioned above someone else remembers the Cat too and posted looking for it on Reddit.

#3 ·
That is not Felix the Cat for sure. I do recognize the wolf though. That looks like the wolves Tex Avery would draw. They are not sophisticated for either WB or Disney. You might want to look at archive.org . They have many cartoons that are royalty free on there. Always a hoot to surf on a rainy day.

On that website, they have old commercials of the 60-70 and one of them is called "VD is for everyone" and it is a PSA ad. Just an example of the weird stuff on there.

#5 ·
In reference to seeing Felix The Cat in a commercial, wasn't there one voiced over by Denis Leary and I think it was about either a FORD or some burger commercial?

In it, I do recall 2 Felix references of him in it. One is the hysterical holding belly laugh ( which appeared to come from a very old moving cartoon) and the other, the famous flat clock replica of him with his tail as a pendulum and his eyes go left and right but opposite way.

#8 ·
Need Help Finding TV Commercial With Raccoons

Trying to recall a TV Commercial. Don't recall the exact year it's from but could be as far back as 2005 or so.

2 Raccoons are off to the side of road going through garbage with another Raccoon in the middle of road going thru garbage when a vehicle comes speeding, stopping at the very last second. 1 of 2 Raccoons says "Garbage Garbage Garbage. It's gonna kill him".

I'm trying to recall was this TV Commercial was for? Tried searching "Raccoon TV Commercials" as well general search but found nothing. This aired quite often on Canadian TV.

Please help!!

#10 ·
Need Help Finding TV Commercial With Raccoons

Trying to recall a TV Commercial. Don't recall the exact year it's from but could be as far back as 2005 or so.

2 Raccoons are off to the side of road going through garbage with another Raccoon in the middle of road going thru garbage when a vehicle comes speeding, stopping at the very last second. 1 of 2 Raccoons says "Garbage Garbage Garbage. It's gonna kill him".

I'm trying to recall was this TV Commercial was for? Tried searching "Raccoon TV Commercials" as well general search but found nothing. This aired quite often on Canadian TV.

Please help!!
Did you ever find this commercial?
I have also tried to find it but cannot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.