Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Looking For Old Cablevision Logo

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Inglewood 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can find Old Cablevision Logo from 90's? I've tried searching but can't find it.

#8 ·
in 1984, Premier Cablesystems Limited owned Vancouver Cablevision, Fraser Cablevision (Coquitlam, Maple Ridge and Mission, B.C.) and Victoria Cablevision (Victoria, Saanich, Esquimalt and Oak Bay, B.C.), so the logos may be similar if you can find one.

In 1993, there was ROYAL OAK CABLEVISION LTD. based in Victoria with a licence for Saanich and possibly other areas.

#9 ·
Here's the Cablevision logo i've been trying to locate but isn't in color like i'm wanting and remember. I recall it being Gold/Yellow & Blue. Anyone familiar with this or remember? Or know where I might find colored version? Unfortunately, I don't know if they had a website back then to do search via wayback machine.

#11 ·
Royal Oak Cablevision was absorbed by Shaw in 1994 and the area served by Rogers was swapped with Shaw in 1994 when they did their first cable territory swap. This is also the same time that Rogers swapped territory in Calgary for the York region. The Shaw and Rogers cable line-ups in Victoria were harmonized in December of 1994 when the new specialty channels launched. I believe the Royal Oak sale was completed sometime in 1995 and thus the Royal Oak territory wasn't harmonized with Shaw Cable until September of 1995. Essentially in a matter of 2 years, Victoria went from having three cable systems to just one.

#14 ·
Shaw made their first appearance in Ontario in 1992 when they purchased Cablecasting Ltd. Cablecasting owned Graham Cable in the York Region and Allview Cable in St. Thomas. Both of these systems were swapped to Rogers in 1994 in exchange for Shaw getting Rogers territory in Victoria and Calgary. Shaw then purchased Classicom and Trillium Cable in 1995. Classicom served areas like Richmound Hill, Parts of York Region. Trillium served the Scarborough and Pickering area. These systems were swapped to Rogers in 2001 in exchange for Shaw getting Rogers territory in lower mainland BC. Trillium also had holdings in Southwestern Ontario and Eastern Ontario which were eventually sold to Cogeco in 1998.

Sault Ste. Marie and Thunder Bay I believe were MacLean Hunter systems until 1995 when Rogers choose to sell these systems to Shaw rather than retain them via the purchase of Maclean-Hunter in 1994.

#15 ·
The logo above is what was used by Rogers Grand Valley (Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, and Brantford plus surrounding areas) from the early 80's until the red "globe" logo was introduced by Rogers.

They colours were Orange, Black, and White. They use to have very bright orange vans with the logo on it. I remember my Jerrold convertor box with that logo on it - probably still have it buried in a junk box somewhere...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.