List of Channels - Rogers vs Bell vs Shaw - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2012-02-12, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
List of Channels - Rogers vs Bell vs Shaw

Here's the story - I wanted a QUICK, SIMPLE table that showed all of the channels, and what package they were in for Rogers ... I'm looking at saving money right? I couldn't find one online, and being as I was REALLY bored and procrastinating ... I went through the Rogers Guide from channels 2-299 and made a table.

I don't have Bell or Shaw or anyone else (just Rogers VIP) so... I've posted it to Google Docs ... anyone can view it. Save it to your HDD, and input the Bell and Shaw info, or Rogers Channels 300-999, and I'll edit the Google doc later.

Sometime, in the future, I'll "colour code" it for "Basic" "HD" "VIP" etc type packages.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2012-02-12, 04:20 PM
Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD
Just as an FYI:

List of HD Channels -

List of Rogers Digital -

Several other links are available in Wiki for various providers and lists of channels.

For Rogers, you need to realize that different areas have different packages. They are not the same in various areas of Ontario or Atlantic Canada. Many people are on grandfathered packages with different prices/channels. I applaud your attempts at a summary, however, it will not be applicable to all users.

A major example - in some areas, that were not originally serviced by Rogers, but now are, TSN is "free" (grandfathered), while in other areas it is not. Therefore a package in Toronto is different from Uxbridge, is different from Ottawa, Aurora, etc.

London, Ontario has a "Starter Pack" available on trial, but not yet available anywhere else...

Some Rogers HD information is available in the following FAQ (which is not perfect but does contain some package information):

FAQ - Rogers HD Offering

I'm not familiar enough to comment on Bell or Shaw/Shaw Direct, but I believe that Bell and SD have different channel packages depending on your location - for example east/west, etc.

57's Optimization Services (Home Theatre Optimization) . . . . 57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2012-02-12, 05:55 PM
You think that is something, I made up my own line up featuring every channel currently approved by the CRTC and a few others as well as a few other things. Check it out at this link:
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2012-02-16, 06:16 PM
Wow that's pretty good. I realize it is hypothetical and all but man there are some logistical problems with broadcasting some of those, especially the foreign radio.

But definitely a few things I would like to see that you had done. I still wonder why the CRTC has approved some networks that to my knowledge have never aired? I'm speaking specifically to the Irish and Australian networks. If they were available I'd definitely pick them up.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2012-02-17, 07:02 PM
Thanks for your feedback! I agree about some channels not being available. Would be nice to have to some Australian channels.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2012-02-18, 01:06 PM
Canwest also previously owned broadcasting operations in Australia (as majority shareholder of Network Ten), New Zealand (through CanWest MediaWorks New Zealand), and the Republic of Ireland (as a minority shareholder of TV3)."
(Source from wiki)

If I remember, Canwest got approved a canadian version of these channels because they had assets in those countries, especially Australian one, but they never launched and when they had money trouble, they diverted from these assets.

Since Ireland and Australia are english-speaking countries, we can't directly import any of their stations that air american shows, as CTV, Global and Citytv own the majority of exclusive canadian broadcasting rights. But a 24/7 news station, an "international" feed or any other station that produce and air their own programming and doesn't compete for advertisement can be imported in Canada without any problems.

CM-3020 with CM-7777

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.