Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2010 Vancouver Olympic Commemorative Blu-Ray and DVD now Available at HMV

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dm_4u 
#1 ·
The 2010 Vancouver Olympic Commemorative Blu-Ray and DVD box sets are now available exclusively at HMV stores across Canada, beginning on August 31st, 2010.

These exclusive sets are only available at HMV Canada stores and online at ((hmv.ca))

Previously these box sets were only available from the CTV/Olympic
on-line store for pre-order in February.

The prices are as follows, but subject to change at any time!

Olympic Winter Games Box-Set (Includes Opening & Closing Ceremonies + other features and events)
**5 Disc Box Set**
Blu $79.99
DVD $59.99

Olympic Winter Games - "Hockey Gold" Box Set (All Hockey Games. Including Men's and Woman's Finals plus other games)
**5 Disc Box Set**
Blu $69.99
DVD $49.99

Special Notes: There are no CTV logos on the video content.

See less See more
#3 ·
I HATE these box sets, and I'll tell you exactly why.I ordered the DVD set from CTV, expecting the Opening and Closing Ceremonies in full-length, especially considering that the website explicitly said they were in "full feature length" (I took a screen-shot for evidence). When I finally got my set in the mail, I was aghast to find that they condensed 3-hour(each) Opening and Closing ceremonies down to just 107 minutes and 29 MINUTES. It's disgusting taht they did that, robbing us of what we deserve. I actually own the DVD set for the 2004 Athens Olympics from the Greek broadcaster EPT, and it has both ceremonies in full, and with options of commentary or not, and other things. Compare that, and this CTV set with practically no features is a rip-off.

I HATE YOU CTV!!!

#7 ·
dm_4u: Yes, the performance from k.d. Lang is there. Also, I didn't notice until after I initially posted this thread that the "host nations parade" is "sped up" and the opening title theme at the beginning of the opening ceremony (orchestra playing) starts a bit late. I haven't watched the other discs yet. There is too much content.::D

Fry1989: What did they cut from the opening ceremony? I think the host nations parade and the Wayne Gretzky driving to the flame? These portions are there, but either shortened or sped up. Is that all that was cut? Can't remember what else.

#8 ·
Fry1989: What did they cut from the opening ceremony? I think the host nations parade and the Wayne Gretzky driving to the flame? These portions are there, but either shortened or sped up. Is that all that was cut? Can't remember what else.
To be honest, I don't really know, I haven't looked at it since the night I got it when I found out how much they cut. But as I said, they condensed 3-hour(each) Opening and Closing ceremonies down to just 107 minutes and 29 MINUTES. That's outright disgusting.

CTV, go fux yourself:mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.