Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Non-HDCP Compliant??

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bayguy 
#1 ·
Hi a few times lately our recordings got screwed up because the video of the channel went away. :-( We have a 605 but I didn't post in that thread because I think maybe this would be true of other SD rcvrs.

It just did it again, it's all black except a msg that says, "A non-HDCP Compliant device has been detected. Video output may be disabled until the device is disconnected from the HDMI output of your satellite receiver."

That's very confusing because the SD rcvr HDMI goes to our Sony Blueray player then to the TV. But it's okay if we watch the HDMI on the TV. This msg is only when we watch the Magnavox DVR but that isn't on the HDMI from the SD rcvr it's on the A/V connectors. So why is everything okay on HDMI when the msg says the problem is with HDMI??? We've had Magnavox DVRs for years but this problem is happening more and more lately I don't know why.

#5 ·
It is a Mystery

Bayguy, I've never seen that problem. It is a mystery!
FYI, I have a Shaw Direct 630, a SONY Blu-ray, SONY AVR, and a Magnavox DVR (No tuner and record only SD to DVD).
The DVR only records from the (480i) RCA A/V from my OTA external tuner.

The wiring is :
630>via HDMI>AVR>via HDMI>TV;
Blu-ray>via HDMI>AVR>via HDMI TV;
OTA Tuner>via A/V>Magnavox DVR>via HDMI>TV

#6 ·
It is a mystery

Hi RR yes it is a mystery! Last nite we were out and it recorded fine!

Here is our wiring:

605 HDMI > Sony BluRay HDMI > TV HDMI
605 A/V > Magnavox DVR A/V > TV A/V

We only get the message when we look at the TV thru the DVR when we look at HDMI it's fine! Very weird!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.