Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

6xx Series Tips & Hints

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Just a couple of tips that might be useful:

Soft Reset: Press and hold the front panel power button until the DSR turns-off. Let it go and the DSR will then reset.

Hard Reset: Option-4-9-8-8-6. You will need to call Shaw Direct after the reset to ensure that your channel map is loaded correctly.

Temporarily Change Channel Map: You can change the channel map on a 6xx series DSR (on a temporary basis) by pressing Option-1-1-2-2. Make sure to read the instructions on-screen for changing it back if you need to. I have been told that Option-1-1-3-3-A will run a self-test and report the type of LNB on the dish, though I haven't tried this personally so I'm unsure how accurate it is.

Tune Satellite Signal Sound Loss: If you do a 'Tune Satellite Signal', you will lose sound. To regain sound on the channel you had it on, exit from the menus and press 'Help' then 'D' on the remote. This will turn-on the DVS audio, if available. Press again to return to regular audio. Otherwise, changing to another channel will return the audio to normal.

#9 ·
Not a 6XX tip as such, but I have recently realised that my main TV was on 16:9 video instead of 'Just Scan'. Setting it to 'Just Scan' has made a difference in the HD picture quality to a point and improved my SD picture when the 630 is set to 'Zoom'. So, might help people who want that little extra. Of course, this is all subjective - I don't have the latest and greatest TV, only a 42" LG LED from 2009/10 or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.