Why is STEVE WILKOS SHOW being replaced by paid programming on FOXS channel? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 2017-01-12, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicdim View Post
I'm going to connect my video tape recorder(VCR) to my Shaw satelite receiver and record my favorite show at 12 pm everyday so i could watch it at 3 pm. Bye and thanks for your replies.
Excellent work-around!

I have a $150 US (at the time) DVD SD-Only recorder. It has no tuner, just RCA Video and Audio Inputs. It is a stripped down model. There are DVD recorders with digital tuner for Off-Air recording that have an internal hard-drive.

https://www.walmart.com/browse/elect..._77622_1225174

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...nid=5045935011

Funai DVD Recorder/VCR: Shopko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 2017-01-12, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralRouter View Post
Excellent work-around!
I have a $150 US (at the time) DVD SD-Only recorder.It has no tuner,just RCA Video,Audio Inputs.Its a stripped down model.There are DVD recorders with digital tuner for Off-Air recording that have an internal hard-drive.
Thanks for the tip. I do have a really nice Toshiba dvd recorder/vcr combo but would not record a tv show onto dvd-rw on a daily basis because it will wear out the dvd recorder/drive. I rather use my VCRs for recording for now. But that dvd recorder you mentioned with an INTERNAL HARDDRIVE, would be a great purchase since (if i'm correct) will record onto harddrive using rca video audio inputs as well as onto dvd. I will buy this upcoming. All dvd recorders need a harddrive. There are many things you could do with a harddrive in a dvd recorder including making a best of or collage of a certain kind of dvd onto harddrive as ya watch it(if you know what i mean), or just store many movies, record using the rca inputs, etc,
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 2017-01-13, 10:40 AM

Cool OTA ATSC tuners in HD HDD DVRs

It is really amazing that folks are coming back to antenna TV (OTA). The prices are similar to what I paid for VCRs that I bought when they first came out, ignoring inflation.

The link shown below is an mp4 video from Magnavox.

https://smedia.webcollage.net/rwvfp/...p4.mp4full.mp4

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 2017-01-13, 10:57 AM

Lightbulb OTA DVR ordering site-to-store walmart.com

A tip for browsing the Walmart.com (USA) website. It tries to locate the USA Wal-Mart store closest to the web user using the users ISP IP address. As a result, the website indicates that products as either out of stock, no price, or unavailable.

Previously the website would ask for your zipcode and all would be well. Now it is new and improved

Enter the zipcode at the input of this url and then browse.

https://www.walmart.com/store/finder

Using a Canadian credit card is a pain. You must put in your credit card billing address, but must use the USA store's city, state and zip code at the input.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.