New Firmware 50.25 - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-10, 12:19 PM

Hi adm22 -

For the Multi delete, once you have selected all your programs, there is an option at the bottom of the TV screen just below your PVR program list that says:

Press the "C" (yellow) button on your remote and it will ask you to confirm the deletion and then it will delete all selected.

This is a great feature! Thank you SD😀
Leafs13 and RuralRouter like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-03-29, 01:19 PM

Just discovered that an old feature has returned. It used to be in the guide that if you typed in a number that didn't exist or was hidden the guide would move to the next nearest channel number. The recent behaviour was that if typed in a number that didn't exist the guide display would not move. This feature was removed several revisions ago but seems to have returned in this release. I miss keyed a channel number and was surprised the guide moved to whatever the next channel number was.
Leafs13 likes this.

LOSat
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-03-29, 01:21 PM

Also as this is the most current firmware thread. Should this one be made sticky and the older one be un-stickied.
sawguyg and RuralRouter like this.

LOSat

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-10-12, 02:17 PM

Skip, fast forward sequence problem

I have not seen anyone report this glitch that was introduced by this new update. If on playing a recording, you skip forward (or back) and then immediately fast forward, it will fast forward for a second or two and then resume normal speed all by itself. If you then hit fast forward again, it will stay in ff until you take other action. If after a skip you wait 2 seconds and then ff, it will stay in ff. Apparently few people do this but I do it often and it is very annoying. Is Shaw aware of this?
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-10-12, 05:23 PM
Veteran

Why didn't you call Shaw?

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-10-14, 06:23 PM

Good question, Gary. My excuses are: initially I was in the US and phoning is not an option and I really didn't think of using other methods to contact them. I get home and lots of things to do , then summer comes with less TV, even less sports ( I'm not into baseball) and I get sort of used to it. But it really boils down to procrastination, the same reason that I haven't posted here earlier.
However, with a nudge from you, I decided it was time and after thinking about how to contact them, I decided that using email was the best way because it would give the person replying a chance to research if necessary. I sent it yesterday and am awaiting a reply.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-10-15, 01:55 PM

ronsnbrd: an easy way to call Shaw from the States is the Fongo World Edition App. it's only $5 in Google Play
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-10-19, 04:08 PM

Answer from Shaw

I wrote:
My question has to do with something that has been bothering me ever since the new firmware, 50.25, for the 630 was put out.
If on playing a recording, you skip forward (or back) and then immediately fast forward, it will fast forward for a second or two and then resume normal speed all by itself. If you then hit fast forward again, it will stay in ff until you take other action. But if after a skip you wait a few seconds and then ff, it will stay in ff. So it is just if the fast forward follows immediately after a skip that this spontaneous action takes place.
Has this glitch in the this firmware release been noted and will it be fixed in the next update?

Shaw answered:
Hi Ron,

Thank you for contacting Shaw Direct, this email is in response to your request received 10/13/2016.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to mention this. We will be sure to forward your feedback to our technical team for them to review this. With every update of our firmware we strive to correct issues such as these, and getting feedback is what allow us to do so.

I hope this answers your questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us for further assistance. We are available by chat through the Shaw Direct web site, and by phone at 1-888-554-7827.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.